Wednesday, May 13, 2009

What a day!

           

Well, today has been a long day. Yesterday, afternoon I received an email response from AG’s surgeon saying that we needed to schedule another treatment for his arm. (Which is totally fine and I had been expecting he would say this.) However, the logistics of scheduling it was going to be tricky. I was told we could do it next Wednesday, the 20th. (I requested the earlier the better because I want him to have recovered and his arm scabbed over by the time we leave for the beach on June 13th.) Now, AG turns 4 months on Monday, the 18th, and had an appointment for his next round of vaccines. I decided that was a lot to put his little body through in less than 48 hours. So I requested to move his vaccine appointment and the earliest I could get him back in is June 9th. Which was fine when I scheduled it and then I remembered several hours later that I had wanted to discuss starting AG on cereal. (He’s hitting all of his milestones and has started teething. Milk just isn’t cutting it anymore and he gets frustrated after he finishes eating!) So I had to call the pediatricians office back and ask the nurse if we could start him on cereal. We were given the green light to start and so I went out this afternoon to pick up some cereal. I also had to call and rearrange my appointments that I had set up for next Wednesday so that we could plan to be in Atlanta for AG’s surgery. This evening after dinner with J.Michael and Greg at Schroeder’s we came home to feed AG his “first meal”. While the boys rocked out on Guitar Hero AG had a bedtime snack. It was funny to watch because he didn’t know what to think about the spoon or the cereal. What a day, what a day!

            This week we’ve been busy with saying goodbye to seniors. Due to the weather on Saturday they moved graduation inside and so we didn’t have tickets to get in. However, Berry streamed it live over the net and we watched it at home before heading to campus to see everyone once graduation was finished. Afterwards we headed to a graduation party for a group of our seniors. AG enjoyed being passed around and “chatting” with everyone. Some friends of ours have a little boy and he is in love with “Baby AG”. He came up to me while I was holding AG and told me that he loved Baby AG’s chunky legs and feet. Yes, an almost 4 year old used chunky correctly in a sentence. We were all cracking up at the party. Sunday I had a wonderful first Mother’s Day with my boys! We had lunch after church with two other families that each have a little boy. AG will be playing with them before we know it.  Monday, we had breakfast with Meghan and Lauren before they headed to Charleston. We had a wonderful time chatting and talking about life now that they are both college graduates. On Monday night we had friends over for dinner. AG’s cousin Stephanie spent the night and they enjoyed “playing” together. Our friend J.Michael has also been staying with us these last few days post-graduation. One last visit before he moves to L.A. for grad school later this summer.

            Later, this week we are looking forward to celebrating AG’s cousin Stephanie at her graduation on Friday night at the Forum downtown. We are so proud of her and are excited to share in her special day. This weekend Andy will coach his kids in their final two games of the season. If the weather cooperates on Monday, we’ll head to campus to take AG’s 4 month pictures in his rocking chair. We are staying busy and looking forward to heading to the beach in a few weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment