Friday, March 12, 2010

Home. Sweet. Home.

Home.

We are finally home from a week and a half long vacation to the west coast. We had a fabulous time in LA and in San Diego/Escondido. We've had a crazy, busy week as we came home and hit the ground running. Our trip was wonderful and full of memories. I'll post in the week to come all about it. While away I always seem to be reminded about how wonderful a thing like a home is. When we purchased our home (it'll be 3 years in April!) I viewed it as one massive canvas that needed only the right hand (or should I say left since I am a lefty?!) to make it in to something warm, cozy, inviting, a spot to retreat to, filled with laughter, and love for all that pass thru our door.

Our house has been a labor of love. We have put in more hours than I care to count fixing it up. The phrase, "there is always something to do on an old house" is true. Oh, but it has been worth it. Today I've been planning my spring/summer gardening plans and making lists of spring projects I want to accomplish. As I began to look around and make plans I had to stop and smile. I love how our home has come together. I love how handy my husband is...he can do just about anything. I love working on projects with Andy--we make a great team. I love the voices that echo off my heart pine floors. Those voices make our home our home. Anyone can decorate and remodel. The voices of the people we love make a home a home.


No comments:

Post a Comment