Sunday, April 28, 2013

And it dawns on me...

...that in a few short weeks AG will be home all day with me and Avi-Kate. Don't get me wrong I'm excited about summer vacation. BUT it will mean that I need to restructure my day and how things get done. It's also going to mean that I need to have activities lined up for us to do throughout the week. AG loves doing things hands on and so I need to get myself organized and prepared for what lies ahead in the coming weeks. I also feel like that while AG is young we do need to have some hands on materials for him for our trip to Williamsburg to make connections. I started researching possibilities and have yet to find anything that is developmentally appropriate and well put together. Most likely I'm going to make my own 'lap book' for him to work in. We'll see what I come up with. And while I'm on school type activities I am probably going to have to do some sort of Tot School this summer for AKs because she is quite insistent that she be included in whatever 'Bubba' is doing. On the upside she colors/holds writing utensils much better than AG did at this age. She is also starting to prefer her left hand when she holds a crayon/pencil. Last night, while out to dinner with my parents, I watched her hold a crayon with her right hand...try to color...then switch to her left hand because she like it better. She did this repeatedly every single time she switched crayons. This left handed mom is slightly optimistic that maybe I won't be the only lefty in the family.

It also dawns on me that...

I need to get with it on the birthday party planning for Avi-Kate. I can't believe she is going to be two in a month. Over the weekend I was looking at my calendar and realized that in all reality I need to have said party planned/ready to go before we leave for Williamsburg so that I'm not scrambling when we come home.

Here's to a productive next few weeks...not to mention the ideas I've schemed up to do around the house. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment