Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Swimming Laps and Puppy Yaps

Two humorous stories to share...

Samson Visits the Car Wash
So, the pollen has been horrendous this year and my husband requested that I get my car washed. I had been putting it off because every time I was free to do it these last few weeks it would be raining or about to rain. Last week I had to take Andy his soccer gear to work so that he could leave straight from work to go coach. I decided that Samson could accompany AG and I on this errand. (He enjoys riding in the car.) While dropping off Andy's clothes he once again asked me to get my car washed. I decided to get it over with and appease my husband. Oh, and let it be known that it was quite cold that day. So when I show up to go through the car wash the man who helps guide your car in to the wash and puts tape on your back wiper blade was bundled up. And I mean bundled up! Thick jacket, hood pulled up over his head, dark aviators on, etc. He looked like the unibomber!  Samson begins to bark like his life depends on it while we enter the car wash. Up until this point AG had been sleeping peacefully but Sambo's barking woke him up. So there I am with a shrieking child and a pup barking ballistically all while trapped in my car in the car wash. I did the only thing I could do. I called Andy and put it on speaker phone so that he could join in on the fun! So the moral of this story is...only visit the car wash with your baby and dog in tow if you want to loose a few hairs.


AG Takes a Swim in his Crib
Sunday night we put AG in his crib like normal (in the middle) and he drifted off to sleep within moments. Around five in the morning we are awoken on the monitor by AG making lots of noise. We gave him a few minutes before heading in to check on him. After listening to him for awhile I decided to see what he was up to. I began to chuckle when I saw my son. He had scooted all the way up and then took a left at the top of his crib. So he was now lying parallel with the top of his crib and he was trying to turn to head back down the way he came. Only problem was that his Seahorse, from Aunt Gwen, was in his way. Oh, sweet little man. You are getting so big and you never cease to make us laugh...even in the middle of the night!

2 comments:

  1. love the carwash story! hilarious! i can picture it so well. haha! samson's great! and AG really is growing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was definitely one of those moments when you just have to laugh...because there is nothing else you can do! Ha. :) I have new pictures of Emma and AG to post for you...be on the lookout.

    ReplyDelete