Sunday, April 4, 2010

Week 11 of 52 in 2010...


In January I spent a long weekend with some of my girlfriends from college. One of my dear friends, Aubs, informed me of a sweet treat called a Pizookie over the weekend. Pizookie is a huge, gooey, warm, cookie topped with ice cream. I came home and did a little Googling to figure out how to make one.

I did my first run on our college girls for our weekly Thursday night tv date. Since it was right before Valentine's Day I did it in a heart shaped pan. It was a hit and has since become a weekly tradition. I also made one to serve on St. Patrick's Day...Viraj had heard rave reviews about "this pizookie thing" and wanted to try it. Since then I've had requests for it so here we go:

Preheat the oven to 475.

Spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick cooking spray. Use a jumbo tube of refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough. I use the Pillsbury kind. Spread as even of a layer as much as possible. I use the back of a spoon and my hands.

Place in the oven and the cooking time will vary depending on your oven. The goal is for it to puff up and have a golden crust on it...BUT you want the inside to still be gooey. It won't take too long so just keep an eye on it. Pull it out and top with vanilla bean ice cream. Serve immediately!

With the college girls I serve it straight from the pan and with spoons to go around. With friends I took the warm pizookie and scooped it out in to coffee mugs. Then topped each individual mug with ice cream. Either way it is absolutely scrumptious!

My next goal is to make my personal cookie dough recipe and chill it before using it in this recipe. We'll see how it goes...

1 comment: