Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Three Years for This Old House...

My how time flies!

Three years ago today Andy and I bought our first home. We had been married for a week shy of a year and were elated to roll up our sleeves to make our new house a home. As I sit tonight I am amazed simply amazed at all that we have done to our little old house. We've painted almost every square inch from top to bottom. The only room left is the laundry room. We gutted our master bath and started over. We did a complete kitchen remodel and had a house in utter chaos for weeks. We've removed wallpaper, patched plaster, and smoothed out walls. Started landscaping around the house. And in all of this we've redone lots of furniture to furnish this old house. Again, I'm simply amazed. The house has been a labor of love and I have loved every minute of it because Andy and I did it together. People will tell you that remodeling a house is a great way to test your relationship. Yes, that statement is true. In our case it has only deepened our relationship. Andy and I love to do projects together around the house and we both take satisfaction in completing a task together. I couldn't imagine under taking something like this without him. And when we finish and move on to another house I look forward to rolling up my sleeves once again with my best friend. So to celebrate here are some of my favorite moments from the last three years...


No comments:

Post a Comment