Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My latest treasure and the possibilities are endless...

I think I posted last week in my update post about changing out what I display in the den window. Here's my latest display. I'm quite pleased with it. While doing some work around the farm house (where Andy's mom lives) I came across this wooden piece in the basement. I asked what it was and if I could have it. Mama said that her dad (Andy's Granddad) used it to organize things in the barn. She asked what on earth I could do with it and I replied, "The possibilities are ENDLESS!" Truer words were never spoken. I am constantly thinking up new things I can display in it. (Just wait till Christmas!) I got it home and scrubbed it down real good. I like how rough and yet, simple it looks. At the moment I have no desire to paint it...but I'll never say never. :)

For it's first use I opted for displaying some of my Starbucks mugs. Yes, I have a Starbucks mug collection and, yes, I still don't drink coffee! My love of Starbucks mugs and ornaments is because of my sweet sister-in-law, Caroline, who use to work there. We collect mugs for each other and swap 'em back and forth. When I went to Hawaii I brought back a mug for her. They just recently moved from right outside of Nashville back to GA and she bought me the new Nashville mug. I'm hoping we'll find something when we head to Virginia this fall. Currently, it houses Nashville, San Diego, Hawaii, Pikes Place (the original Starbucks), Atlanta, Dallas, and Fort Worth. So here are a few pictures of my latest treasure...




                            





2 comments:

  1. Dang! We have the mugs but not in such a nice display. What a find and your display looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you believe what a neat piece it is?! It was just stashed away in the basement. I was like a kid in a candy store when I saw it! :)

    ReplyDelete