Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A week of doctors visits...

I feel like most of my week has been consumed by going to different doctors' offices. I've also been grateful for insurance this week. (Not that I'm not every week but even more so this week.)

On Monday, I loaded AG up and we headed to Atlanta to see Dr. Saripkin at CHOA. It was a check-up of sorts and to touch base on his CVS. Everything looks good and he's pleased with how AG is growing/gaining weight. At this point he's still taking medicine at night to help control his vomiting episodes and the plan is to stick with that for the foreseeable future. I'm curious to see how transitioning to school goes in August and if this plays in to that. He goes back in the fall for his next check-up and we'll address that if need be then.

On Tuesday, I went to the doctor. I've been sick with a lingering infection for about six weeks now. After two trips to my primary doc this third trip I switched to my other doctor to hopefully get to the bottom of everything. I'm now on my third course of antibiotics and hoping/praying that I can kick this for good. Some days I feel great and others I feel horrible. (This would also be a reason for my spotty updating this last month.) I go back the week we return from Disney to check on things.

Today, I took Avi-Kate to the pediatrician. Poor thing has been cutting teeth and has come down with some nasty congestion. Which in turn has given her another ear infection in her right ear. In the process of dealing with all the extra snot she managed to rub it in her eyes and give herself a lovely little infection there too. So, we are on eye drops as well. Hopefully, she'll be on the mend and feeling good by the time we leave next week...which is one week from today! Hooray.


So, I started this post and never finished it...here's what has happened since then...

After we returned from Disney Avi-Kate's congestion returned. We came home on Monday the 7th and on Wednesday night she was up half the night, screaming. So, I called when the doctor's office opened and scheduled a sick appointment for her. Well, I also had a check-up that morning so Andy had to take the kids to the doctor solo. (Gold star for Daddy!) Sure enough Avi-Kate's ear was still infected and her congestion was in full force. They prescribed a new medicine and told us to come back in a few days if she wasn't on the mend. We went to the farm for the weekend to see Andy's family and Avi-Kate was a trooper despite not feeling well. Even though she's on a new medicine her nose has continued to run like crazy. Well, as the weekend progress she was still pulling on her ear and still getting up multiple times a night. Yesterday, we went back to the doctor to have them look at it and they decided to keep her on the antibiotics plus add a spray to hopefully help her little nose. I'm ready for her to feel better because she isn't her normal self and quite out of sorts. And after having her nose wiped a 1,000+ times she tries to get away as soon as she sees you coming after her with a tissue/cloth.

In other news, I found out this past week my midwife is moving and I'm quite bummed. She delivered both kids and I've really loved seeing her. (sigh) At the moment that's not an issue since I'm not pregnant or planning to get pregnant in the near future but eventually we'd like to have a third baby.

Also, AG's hemangioma seems to be growing again. (Read about his hemangioma here ...he also did treatments in May and November of 2009.) In two weeks we'll go back to see his plastic surgeon in Atlanta to see if they have to laser it again or if they can remove it completely. If insurance we'll pay for it to be removed and it's an option I would love that. I would love to be done with it all together. We'll see. My goal if he has to have surgery again is to do it this summer so that he can bounce back before he starts school the first of August.

Lots going on that I need to post...hopefully, I'll get to do it this week. Other than all of this life is clicking along and looking forward to what this second half of the year will hold.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear things have been rough! I pray that you and your kiddos get to feeling better. Hope I get to see y'all next time I am back in Georgia. I am glad that you and Andy got to have your trip to Disney, even if it meant missing y'all.

    ReplyDelete