Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Why not run 19.3 instead of 13.1?!?


Today runDisney opened up registration for the Princess Half Marathon and the eagerly anticipated Glass Slipper Challenge. For the Glass Slipper you run a 10K on Saturday and then the Princess Half on Sunday for a total of 19.3 miles. Earning yourself a medal for each race plus a third medal to commemorate completing the challenge of doing both back to back. Registration opened at noon and the Glass Slipper was sold out before 5pm. Crazy. I'm not sure what's more crazy how quickly it sold out or the fact that I am signed up to run 20 miles in two days. I guess I'm hoping it's redemption for all the things that were out of my control this year. (Sinus infection and a stress fracture. Not to mention a 100% humidity and a starting race temp of 70 degrees at 5:30am.) So, here's to new hardware and new goals, new mileage and new race gear, running and eating at the happiest place on earth, and new memories. I'm excited. 

Looking forward to tackling another runDisney race with my sweet sister-in-law, Caroline.
Excited to be able to share another Disney experience with my dear friend, Evan.
Looking forward to bringing home not 1 but 3 medals this time around!
Alice and crew. Home to my favorite pit stop before running out of Cinderella's Castle during the race and the always tasty frozen raspberry lemonade for post-race enjoyment.
 Being able to say you ran in the Magic Kingdom while thousands of people cheer you on is absolutely priceless.

Guess it's time I lace my shoes up and go for a run...I've got to get back on a schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment