Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The last few weeks at the Edwards House...

Hmmmm...where to begin this update on life. Things have been hectic the last few weeks and I've slacked in my blogging. Guess that is life, right?

Well, AG had his 9month check up and did great. I was not able to take him because I suspected I had strep throat. So Andy took the day off from work and took AG while I went to the doctor. I did indeed have strep and lost my voice. AG had his first round for the flu vaccine and goes back in a few weeks for the next dose. He was 23lbs and 5oz. He continues to be our big boy. Two days later was my birthday and I was well enough for the boys to take me out to dinner at the Hungry Bull aka Longhorn. It was a nice, quiet day which was perfect since I was still trying to get well. On Sunday, the 25th, AG figured out how to stand unassisted. Needless to say he was quite proud of himself. He spent the whole day standing up and not holding on to anything. On that Monday I was at the end of my rope with teething and Andy called about an order of Dr. Starr's Teething Lotion from the local pharmacy. Praise the Lord for Dr. Starr because if his front teeth are this bad heaven help us when his molars come in. Wednesday, the 28th, we headed to Gwinnett to spend the night at my parents before AG's surgery. We got up at the crack of dawn and headed to Scottish Rite for another laser treatment and for him to have both tear-ducts probed. Little man was 24lbs and 2 oz the day of surgery. The surgery went off without a hitch and he did great. This time coming out of the anesthesia was a little harder...we suspect it was due to him being older than the previous two but he couldn't talk to tell us what hurt, etc. It's hard being disoriented when you can't communicate. That Thursday night the girls brought dinner to us since we couldn't go to Moe's for college night. We were grateful. Halloween was wet and cool, however, that didn't stop AG and Emma. Emma came over to trick-or-treat and have dinner. We enjoyed dinner with Josh and Ginny and the kiddos enjoyed playing with Emma's bucket of treats. AG looked great as Charlie Brown plus his costume was super easy. We bought him the shirt online and I found him some sweats at Wal-Mart for a couple bucks. Not bad and he can wear both items again. I'm all for getting the most bang for my buck. Well, AG's top two teeth finally emerged on November 2nd and 3rd. The flip side was that he had developed a cold and tonsillitis. We spent the remainder of the week at home after a visit with the doctor on Tuesday the 3rd. After being cooped up all week I was going stir crazy so we headed to Columbus for the day on Saturday. We all needed to get out. We had a great to visiting my family.

In Columbus, AG was given his first golf club. My cousin Will broke one of his clubs recently so my Uncle Neill had it cut down to AG's size. Ha. It's probably one of the cutest things I've ever seen. AG was trying to figure out what to do with it all evening in between strolls around the family room with his push toy. He discovered that he can walk behind his lion and was elated at his new found skill. We are now taking bets on when he starts walking. Just kidding. But we do think it will be soon. Time will tell.

As far as the food department is concerned we've started transitioning to small foods that AG can feed to himself. He really likes being able to pick and choose items from his tray while in his highchair. I've really cut back on the amount of purees that I'm making and we've started giving AG small bites of what we are having for dinner. I find it humorous that things he didn't like in puree form he enjoys whole. Like peas and green beans. The little man was not a fan of jarred meat, can't say that I blame him, and so at his doctor's appointment they said to just by pass it and go for the real ma-coy. So we did and he loves meat! Ha. So far he is a fan of ground beef, steak, and chicken nuggets. (From Chick-fil-A of course!) The child truly is a Gettis because he inhaled 4 nuggets the first time he had them. For those who don't know my dad worked for CFA for 28 years and I consumed a lot of nuggets growing up.

So that is a condensed version of life these days. In addition to all that we've started thinking about planning for the holidays and AG's first birthday! Speaking of AG's birthday I think I've figured out a theme...needless to say the teacher in me loves it! I'm going to work on the logistics of it this next week or so...once I make some decisions I'll post details. I had decided awhile back to do something with cupcakes but was torn on how I wanted to decorate them. I'm actually a pretty decent baker and am contemplating making AG's cake/cupcakes myself. I guess partially out of a desire to use my creative juices and use cake as a canvas. So I'm going to start experimenting in the next few weeks and see what I come up with. Should be an adventure since I'm a perfectionist when it comes to creating something...ha.

As for the holidays, we are looking forward to spending Thanksgiving with family and then heading back to Rome to start decorating that weekend. We have only a few days to get everything up before finals, students leave, and Caroline graduates! Hard to believe my baby sister is in the final weeks of her college career at Berry! Caroline, we are so proud of all that you have accomplished these last 3 and a half years. We are looking forward to you putting down a few roots here in Rome with us...and we are looking forward to having you right around the corner in your new apartment.

I promise to post new photos and video footage in the coming days...things seem to be getting back to "normal" and I should be able to post like I usually do. If you can't wait check out AG's albums on facebook.


No comments:

Post a Comment