Monday, April 16, 2012

Easter Egg Huntin'...

Well, for whatever reason blogger is weird sometimes and will not let me access photos when I upload them to the computer. Then at a later date they will randomly appear and I can then upload them to blogger. This has been slightly frustrating over the last few months and would contribute to my lack of posting in 2012. Enough about that.

Our church had their egg hunt on April 7th. I went early to help set up, hide eggs, and Andy brought the kids later. We had a wonderful morning with friends and hunting 1,200 eggs! The location of the hunt is really perfect because there is a ton of space to spread out. Kids aren't on top of each other all scrambling for the same eggs. We wondered off to our own spot with our kids and it was wonderful. I love that it's simple and not mass chaos. I juggled Avi-Kate and our point and shoot camera. After the fact I thought I probably should have stuck her in the Baby Bjorn. Either way I couldn't have handled my big camera and her...so I was happy that our new little camera took such good pictures. 

At last year's hunt I was quite pregnant and this year we enjoyed having Avi-Kate with us. Next year will be really fun because she'll be running around right next to AG. This year AG hunted for both of them. Andy and I were cracking up because AG gave all the pink and purple eggs to Avi-Kate's basket. All the other colors ended up in his basket. Afterwards, I ran a few errands and Andy took the kids to an Easter Egg Party for one of AG's friends. I met up with them later and then we came home to enjoy watching the Masters. AG also learned to how to yell, 'Get in the hole! Get in the hole!' at the tv this year during the Masters. Ha. It was a great start to a very low key Easter weekend.











No comments:

Post a Comment