Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A lefty or a righty?

Hmmmmm...how about both?

Over the last year we've begun to closely watch AG to see which hand he prefers for tasks. Around this age children will pick which hand they prefer and go with it. As a lefty myself I've always hoped we would have another lefty in the family. My sister, Meghan, and I were the only two lefties in our immediate family of six.


Well, for over a year now AG has favored his right hand when it comes to using utensils and writing utensils. However, he continues to favor his left hand in sports. When playing baseball he bats left but throws right. In golf, he prefers his left. Andy has been waiting to buy AG's first set of clubs because he wanted to see if AG would stick with his left hand before he spent the money on real clubs. Andy is hoping that as he begins to get in to soccer that he will also be left footed...time will tell with that one. My husband, the sports fanatic, is quite excited about the possibilities with AG using his left hand in sports since players that are dominate left can be in high demand. So, we'll see but if I was a betting woman I'd say he'll write/eat right handed and continue to play sports left handed. He seems pretty set in his ways. :)







PS--He dressed himself. When he wears his rainboots and shorts I call him Christopher Robin...to which he always informs me, "I not Christopher Robin, Mama. I AG." Yes, you certainly are my always on the go three year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment