Monday, July 2, 2012

Daybook: July 2

It has been forever since I did one of these. I use to try to do one weekly because it's a nice snapshot of where we are in our lives at that exact moment. My last daybook entry was in January?! You can take a sneak peek at our lives from the beginning of the year here. I really can't believe that we are on to the second half of the year...it really is flying by. Anyways, on to the daybook we go. :)


Outside my window: Whew! Hallelujah and saints be praised it is overcast this morning. And we got a little bit of rain last night. This past weekend set all kinds of records due to the extreme triple digit weather. Every time I went outside I felt like I should have backup singers on my shoulders singing, "Heat Wave". Anyways, it's blissfully overcast outside in the backyard. I'm praying we get some more rain this week to help bring the temps down. Andy and I haven't run in a week due to the extreme temps because it's so dangerous. Not going to lie I'm really glad that we are NOT running the Peachtree on Wednesday.

I'm thinking: About all the stuff we have going on this month and how quickly it is going to fly by. I'm working around the house this month trying to get us ready for the school year to help us ease in to that transition. Today we are going to go pick up some project supplies while we run errands. (More on that this week...) And speaking of school AG starts in one month. He goes next week for a visit to check out his room and start getting adjusted. I'm grateful we get to do several visits before the first day to help him aclimate.  

I'm wondering: 

I'm praying: For the Hornsbys. This is a big week for our dear friends as they finish packing up their lives in Rome and move to Macon. I'm so excited for them to start this new chapter in their lives because they have worked so hard to get to this point. Yet, selfishly I'm not ready for them to go. We love living life with them on a daily/weekly basis and that will change with the move. But this is a good thing and I'm grateful for all the ways God has gone before them and laid out the details. They won't be too far away either...the house they are moving in to just happens to be three doors down from Andy's sister, Caroline, and her family. We'll be able to spend time with both families when we visit Macon. 

I'm thankful: For Andy and all the ways he works so hard to provide. 

I'm hearing: Dora in the background...the kids are happily watching an episode of Dora so I can crank out this post uninterrupted. 

From the Kitchen: I haven't done a ton in the last few weeks just to all the coming and going. I did make a huge batch of chicken tortilla soup last week and stocked that in the freezer. We were able to eat two meals off of it plus I put three meals in the freezer. I also roasted off tomatoes, garlic, and onions last week and then used my food processor to chop it all up. I use it as a base for marinara and meat sauce. I put three helpings of that in the freezer as well. I have plenty of onions left so I may pick up some more tomatoes to do a second batch. I'm looking forward to cooler weather and all the yummy food comes with the changing of the seasons. 

I'm reading: Nothing at the moment. I realized this morning that I never borrowed anything for June on my Kindle for free...and now we are on to July. I love that with Amazon Prime you can borrow a book a month for free. I have a few books that I have stayed away from reading this last month because I wanted to read them when we go to the beach at the end of the month. I am reading lots of blogs in the evening working on various projects...so I guess that is better than nothing, right?

One of my favorite things: Watching Avi-Kate and AG's relationship develop. They crack us up daily. And they are really starting to enjoy each other. It's really sweet to see. Makes my heart happy.

I'm creating: Several things around the house for the school year. I'm hoping that we can do some projects around the house on Wednesday since Andy will be home. I have a fun picture project planned that I need to get done before the students return in August.  

Around the house: Not much going on besides me working on odd projects/getting things organized for the school year. Next month the sofa should arrive and we'll do a bunch of projects around the den. 

A few plans for the week: Errands today, work around the house on Tuesday and dinner with the Hornsbys, 4th of July fun...not sure, yet, what all we are going to do, and then helping the Hornsbys move this weekend. 


A picture that I'm sharing:
Glad Avi got to come home for a visit two weekends ago. This picture makes me chuckle. 


In other news: I have several Disney updates that I need to post along with a list of other things that I didn't get to last week due to chaos and not feeling good. Hopefully, I'll get to crank out some of these things this week. Here's hoping. :) Off to clean the kitchen and take the kids to run errands. 

No comments:

Post a Comment