Friday, October 19, 2012

A little of this and a little of that...

We're back! We had a fabulous trip filled with happy memories, time with sweet friends, fabulous weather, and even a sneak peek in to the New Fantasyland. I took hundreds of photos but once again the computer is having issues letting me upload to facebook and the blog. Andy will, hopefully, get it straightened out this weekend so I can share our pictures. In the mean time I'm getting back in to the swing of things and trying to play catch up. I'm also looking ahead to activities/plans for the kids as we head in to the holiday season which will be here before we know it.

Today I was cleaning out the abyss that is AG's room while he was at school. Every few weeks it needs a deep cleaning/reorganization. I was straightening all the books on the bookshelves and thinking about in another two weeks or so I can pull out Thanksgiving themed books. My goal this year is to really start to collect books around themes/seasons. I have a pretty substantial Christmas collection but all the other seasons/themes could use some work. Thankfully, now that AG is in school we can add to our library by ordering from Scholastic book flyers that help his classroom purchase materials.

Here's what we have out for fall:

--Folk Art Counting Book
--Red Leaf, Yellow Leaf
--Fall Pumpkins Orange and Plump
--Fall Leaves Colorful and Crunchy
--Fall Weather Cooler Temperatures
--Animals in Fall Preparing for Winter
--Fall Harvests Bringing in Food
--Fall Apples Crisp and Juicy
--The Fox Went Out on a Chilly Night
--The Busy Little Squirrel
--The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything
--The Berenstain Bears Prize Pumpkin
--The Berenstain Bears Trick or Treat
--Ten Little Pumpkins (Avi-Kate's ABSOLUTE favorite!)
--If You Give a Moose a Muffin
--It's Pumpkin Day, Mouse!

I really should go to the library to pick up a few more titles that I don't have to round things out but it's coming along. What I really should do is go ahead and pull the books for Thanksgiving so that I can see what I need to request at the library...we'll see if I can get my act together to be ahead of schedule. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment