Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween and a quick update...


Peter Pan and Tink are ready to Trick or Treat!

I'm glad we got to do some trick or treating while at Disney because the weather was perfect. Tonight the weather will not be perfect and the kids will be bundled up. (Our low is projected to be 30 this evening the last time I checked.) The latest plan is to do a few houses on our street and then make our way to GrandMary's house like we do every Halloween to see her and Jack.

And I'm sorry for my lack of updating since last week. It's been nutty this last week...here's a quick recap:

~Thursday night Girls Night with my college girls...dessert and tv time.
~Friday AG had a Trike-Athon at school. (Post and pictures coming up), AG had his last soccer practice of the fall, and we hosted our annual pumpkin carving Family Dinner with all of our college students. We had a lot of fun and enjoyed a low key evening with lots of faces around the dinning room.
~Saturday was dedicated to regrouping from Family Dinner and work around the house. We also spent the afternoon watching the Dawgs knock off the Gators. It was an intense game and Andy was pacing all over the house.
~Sunday was church and I had to do hospitality set up. We also both did long runs that afternoon for half marathon training.
~Monday and Tuesday were filled with school, errands, and normal weekly chores. In addition, last night we had family movie night and watched 'It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!' together before the kids went to bed.

I have lots to do today around the house. Originally, I was planning to meet a friend downtown to do Trick or Treat on Broad Street but AG has a cough that kept him up most of the night so we are laying low today. I kept him home from school today so that he can rest in hopes he can trick or treat this evening for a bit. I'm hoping to blog some today and tomorrow but we'll see if it happens. We are headed to the farm for the weekend to see Andy's mom and extended family. Saturday will be spent in Athens cheering on the Dawgs against Ole Miss. (If they win this weekend and next weekend at Auburn they'll be headed to the SEC championship in ATL in a month!) Lots going on these next few days but I promise to get things up to speed and soon. I have lots to post. I made a fabulous fall wreath and have pictures to share with a How-To. Plus, tomorrow we start our annual thankful tree activity with the kids and I need to share the holiday plans we have already lined up. (And a sneak peek of my holiday planner if I can get it finished ...at the moment it's a jumble of paper, magazines, post-its, and bits all thrown in a binder.) I feel like I say it every month but I can't believe this month has come and gone. We are heading in to my favorite time of the year. Happy Wednesday and I hope everyone has a good Halloween. I'll be back soon. I hope. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment