Friday, February 1, 2013

In major withdrawals...

...of the Classic City. Of seeing everyone decked in red and black. Of being between the hedges. Of listening to the Redcoat Marching Band. Of yelling, "Go Dawgs!" and "Hunker Down one more time!" Of having a reason to dress up on a frequent basis. (Let's face it as a mom of small kids making sure I look put together is not always a daily priority...some days I am doing good to shower and have dinner on the table.) Of walking and driving around Athens. Of night games under the lights and between the hedges. Of silver britches. I could go on and on. I realize that football season just ended a few weeks ago but I am already looking forward to next season. With small kids, work, commitments, etc. it is very easy to get wrapped up in life and not have time to go on dates. Saturdays in Athens have become something I look forward to not just because I love college football and the Dawgs but because I love having built-in dates with Andy. We've talked about adding seats to our season ticket collection so that we can bring the kids...and while I look forward to family weekends in Athens I am soaking up the kids being little and just having two season tickets.
























Athens, we'll see you September 7th. Till then we'll be counting down the days...



No comments:

Post a Comment