Saturday, January 26, 2013

Book Basket for January...just a little late!

January's pickings are somewhat slim in our personal library. I very easily could have added to it with help from the library but it's just been so busy lately. (Hence the reason why I am just now posting this at the end of the month! Oh, well.)

My first picks for January are snow and ice themed. Living in Georgia, we don't always get snow/ice every year but on occasion we do. I then decided to pick a theme to couple with this so that we would have more books to pull from. For Christmas, we gave AG Goldilocks and the Three Dinosaurs by Mo Willems...he had been wanting it for awhile so from that I spring boarded in to doing a fractured fairy tale theme. Since I'm so slow moving this month I'll probably just leave these books out and add our Valentine's titles to it for the month of February. Then in March we'll move on to spring themes coupled with Easter.

White Snow Bright Snow by Alvin Tresselt
The Mitten by Jan Brett
Owl Moon by Jane Yolen
The Biggest, Best Snowman by Margery Cuyler
The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats
Goldilocks and the Three Dinosaurs by Mo Willems
Somebody and the Three Blairs by Marilyn Tolhurst
The True Story of the Three Little Pigs by A. Wolf as told to John Scieszka
The Frog Prince Continued by John Scieszka
Lon Po Po: A Red-Riding Hood Story From China by Ed Young

What are you reading this month?

In other news I've been making AG some after school materials because he wants to have some activities to do when Avi-Kate is sleeping. This time is actually perfect because we can work one on one while she is sleeping and use materials that she's not ready for yet. I'm still trying to map this out and how it will work in my head...I plan to do a post on this soon once I figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment