Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Christmas Catchup #1...

A bunch of the ladies in our church get together every few weeks to have craft night so that we can work on our current projects together. Anyways, when the Christmas season started we spent one evening prepping our building on Broad Street for the holidays. We decorated trees, hung pinecones in the windows, and some of the ladies created a gorgeous huge wreath for the front window. Then the day of the church Christmas party I came back and added small touches...lanterns, jars filled with candles and natural filler, fresh greens, jumbo pinecones from Berry, etc. I decided to use natural fillers in the jars of things from the farm and went with whole pecans and dried corn. (I have a huge bucket of natural fillers bagged that I keep in the laundry room and I pull it out when I decorate/host parties.) I think it turned out beautiful and quite rustic. The party was wonderful and we enjoyed having a night out with no children. 

Here's a few pictures right before the party started:








Sorry for the wave of posts that I am doing to get caught up. I feel the need to post/document even if it is just small snippets and pictures. One day I'll be glad that I did it, right? That's what I keep telling myself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment