Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Christmas Catchup #2...

AG's last day of school was the Thursday before Christmas. His class had a party that morning and the week before they had requested that each family send a $5 gift wrapped for their child. We brought the gifts and they placed them under the class Christmas tree. AG loved his party and Avi-Kate loved being included in the festivities. I think she'd go to school tomorrow if they would let her. After they enjoyed their treats each child got to take a turn unwrapping their gift. It was pretty neat and all their friends 'ooohed and ahhhhhed' over their treasures. Afterwards we were free to take our children but AG wanted to stay and play so I left him and returned later for him. 





 That afternoon among the things that AG came home with were this collection of homemade ornaments that he had been working on all month. I absolutely adore them. AG enjoyed finding spots to hang them on our tree in the dining room.

That evening we made our family gingerbread houses and AG was beside himself with excitement. Avi-Kate played with the tool bench while I prepped everything but alas, she did not stay up to join us. She was quite tired and ready for bed. This was probably the last day she felt good till January because over the weekend she got sick and spent the next two and a half weeks sick, sick, sick. 
 AG, Andy, and I had fun making and decorating houses. AG and Andy worked on one and I worked on the other since AKs left me for her bed. :) I am hoping that next year I can make our own gingerbread and we can maybe do some sort of decorating party with our college students. (Thanks for advice, Grace!) Hopefully, I'll get my act together and have things organized enough to be able to do it before they leave for the holidays. We'll see! Regardless, we had a great evening decorating and making memories with AG. He was quite proud of his creation and I have a feeling that next year Avi-Kate will be right in the middle of it all at 2.5 years old.










No comments:

Post a Comment