Monday, March 18, 2013

I'll be honest...

...I'm in somewhat of a funk when it comes to blogging. I love blogging. I love being able to look back at what I've written over the years. However, this year has been quite the roller coaster ride so far and it doesn't look that will be changing any time soon. Due to the things that have happened I've become quite reflective over the last three months and spending way more of my time processing things internally than processing them on the blog like I've done in years past. Neither way is right or wrong...but for this season this seems to fit where I'm at. There are lots of things I want to say but I can't seem to express things the way I want. There are several posts that have been started and not finished just because I get frustrated. So, I leave it and tell myself that I'll come back to it and never do. (Sigh)Anyways, that is where I am at. I'm okay. I really am. I'm amazed daily by God's faithfulness and the way he continues to hold my hand whatever the circumstance. Hopefully, one day I'll be able to put everything to paper the way it is in my head.

In other news, Avi-Kate's appointment went really well week before last. Her hearing is improved and she is doing much better. They are pleased with her progress in a month and we'll go back in the fall to follow-up. AG is fully healed and back to his normal self. His voice is higher than it use to be...but he doesn't snore like an old man anymore. (Hallelujah!) Today I went to pick him up from school and both of his teachers were out with strep and it dawned on me that we won't have to worry about that anymore with AG! Kind of a surreal feeling. We go back in a few weeks for his follow up appointment but we don't expect any problems. He did phenomenal and only took one dose of pain meds the whole time. (It was a week after the surgery and that night was the one and only time he asked for it. Initially, we asked him constantly if he wanted some and after a few days of asking we gave up because he was quite adamant that he didn't want any.)

Avi-Kate's birthday is starting to creep up on us and I can't believe that she will be 2 in June. She is quite obsessed these days with Ariel from The Little Mermaid aka 'Ya-Ya'. We are thinking about having an Ariel themed pool party...I need to start working on details because it will be here before we know it.

Finally, last week our world was turned upside down. Andy was laid off due to budget cuts along with pretty much everyone in his department in the Rome office. Lots to process on that front. Lots of decisions to be made. Lots of prayers being made. Lots of opportunities for communication. And yet, we take great comfort in knowing that God is in the midst of this latest chapter in our lives. He hasn't left us and he is faithful. One day at a time.

Like I said, there is a lot I want to write and can't seem to put to paper at the moment. Hopefully, I'll get some pictures uploaded here this week. Off to work on some re-organizing/spring cleaning. Happy Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment