Monday, January 26, 2009

A week old, already?!



So this last week has flown by! I can’t believe that AG’s already a week old! This past Thursday, we took AG for his first visit to the pediatrician. We have a wonderful doctor! (I actually taught her daughter at Saint Mary’s a couple of years ago.) She was very happy to see us in the hospital. There is a lot to be said for living in a small town! At his appointment we learned that he only lost 6 ounces from his birth and that he actually is longer than we thought! In the hospital they told Andy that he was 18.5 inches long but at his appointment we learned that he is actually 19.5 inches long.  Everything else went well and we go back this Thursday for a weight check with the lactation consultant.

Samson has done a fantastic job transitioning! Andy and I couldn’t be more pleased with him. I think his protective instincts are already kicking in. When AG cries he comes to investigate the situations gives him a lick and then goes back to what he was doing. When I nurse he enjoys laying next to us and being part of the moment. The other day I was nursing and Meg’s new pup Murphy was trying to get near us. Samson happened to be laying near us and wouldn’t let Murphy get past him! We are grateful that Samson has transitioned well. I am hoping that later this week when it warms up we can take them both out to Berry for a long walk.

Last night we gave AG his first sponge bath at home. Needless to say, he was not a huge fan of it! Even though he didn’t enjoy it we enjoyed watching him express himself. At one point he had almost rolled himself on to his tummy trying to get away from me. Which made Andy and I chuckle. We are loving every minute with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment