Thursday, September 24, 2009

If you need a little chocolate...


...in your life give this recipe for Triple Chocolate and Peanut Butter Chip Cookies a try.

1 pkg. Pillsbury Dark Chocolate Cake Mix

1/2 c. butter flavored Crisco

1 egg

4 Tbs. of lukewarm water

Nestle Mini Morsels

Hershey's Special Dark Baking Chips

Reese's Peanut Butter Baking Chips

Combine first 4 ingredients at a low speed until thoroughly moistened. Dough will be thick and sticky. Mix in equal parts of chips to your liking. I prefer this combination of these particular brands. But you can use whatever you have/like. Scoop out and round into balls. Place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Gently press with your palm to make a thick disc...if you like a thinner cookie flatten away! Bake at 350 for 8-12 minutes. Depending on your oven/cookie size. Cool several minutes on cookie sheet to let them set; remove from pans. I average about 18-20 cookies per batch.

If desired, frost cookies with your favorite flavor of frosting.

For sandwich cookies, spread frosting between 2 cookies.

I'm a baker and love a good cookie recipe. I found this recipe online and fine tuned it to meet my needs about a year ago. (When I was pregnant! Ha. I was baking multiple times a week when I was pregnant...guess it was my way of nesting.) Anyways today I made a batch for one of our college students, Jess, because she was asking about "that amazing chocolate and peanut butter cookie I had in the spring" last time she was over. So Jess here's a batch of cookies and a post on the family blog just for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment