Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Love You More...



Love You More.

So we finished the old kitchen cabinet doors to hang on the walls of the kitchen. Andy was some what skeptical about the smallest door that I wanted to refinish. I insisted and he told me that it was my project. So we set to work sanding, priming, painting, painting, painting, crackling, painting, and sealing. I LOVE how they turned out. I'm ready for Andy to get home so that we can mount them on the wall this weekend. They are going to be a lot of fun Tuesday night for our first family dinner of the school year with our college kids. 


Speaking of them I am ecstatic that the freshman moved in today and the rest move back Friday. Hallelujah! With our students we are not shy when it comes to showering them with love, affection, praise, and encouragement. College is such pivotal point in their lives. It lays a foundation for who they become as adults. This chapter in their lives is not without it's own challenges, obstacles, discoveries, joys, and sorrows. I think it is one of things that I enjoy the most about investing in them...we get to cheer them on and help them lay this foundation. We get to love them unconditionally. Around here one of our favorite phrases is "Love You More" and we use it often. Growing up we heard this phrase a lot at my parents house and it has since carried over to our house. I felt this phrase would be a perfect first choice to grace the small door as we welcome our students home for another year.



AG happened to be wearing his shirt that his Aunt Mis made him when I took these photos. I didn't even realize it till I was looking thru my viewfinder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment