Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Sick little man...

I had really gotten on a roll with my blogging and then AG got sick, I had jury duty, Andy switched jobs, AG got sick again, we had a few days off, AG got sick this past weekend while we were out of town, Andy left yesterday morning for week long training in Cali, and I was awoken this morning to the sound of my child sick again while it monsooned outside. The last two weeks have been a blur.

My child is tired of throwing up and we are tired of cleaning it up. As I went in to get him this morning I was saddened by how pitiful and smart he's become thru all of this. I walked in this morning and he was on  his hands in knees in a corner of his crib covered in throw up but away from his blankie and pillow...so he wouldn't throw up on them. :( As my mother would say, "bess his heart." Bess his heart is right.

Yesterday we went to the doctor since he was sick over the weekend. She felt like it was a lingering virus and to keep him on a very strict/bland diet. So that's what we did yesterday. Clearly, that didn't help because he was sick again this morning. So back to the doctor we went this morning. Since the weekend I had begun to wonder if we were dealing with a food allergy or celiac disease. (One of my sisters was diagnosed with celiac several years ago.) After talking with the doctor I requested that we do blood work and begin to rule out both allergies and celiac. Bess his heart again because they couldn't get the blood from his arm in the office...I had to go next door to the hospital to get it done. AG only has one arm that they can pull blood from due to his hemangioma on his left arm. He whimpered when they put the needle in both times but didn't cry. As his G-Daddy said, "he's a stud." Yes, yes he is. All of this blood work will take a week to get back to us. Till then I've decided we are going to go gluten free with AG and see if we can tell a difference. I'm praying for a full nights sleep.

Now I'm not one to go buy my child random toys/gifts but after all he's dealt with the last two weeks plus giving lots of blood without crying I opted to take a trip to Toys R Us. AG is now the proud owner of his first Thomas the Tank Engine set. He spent the evening pushing trains around and around the track. Pictures to come. In the last few weeks he's really gotten in to trains. My parents gave him a train whistle as a get well present last week...he carries it around and makes it whistle much to Samson's frustration. Ha.

Anyways, that's the long and short of it. I'm flying solo this week and wiped from a long day. I'm sorry for typos and  if my train of thoughts are incoherent. I'm too tired to care. More updates to come as we get them. Pray for rest for all of us. Pray that we find out what is causing AG to be sick. Pray that Andy makes it home safely Thursday. In all of this God is still in control and providing. And for that I'm grateful.

2 comments:

  1. I hope he gets better soon! Let me know if you need any help even if you just want to get out of the house and scream for a little bit :) If I don't hear from you before, see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet boy, bless his heart!! Bless your heart. I really pray that whatever it is would be made clear soon and that the Lord would help you trust Him during this and rejoice even in trials. That said....UGH as a mom I'm sure your semi-freaking out...I have no idea what I could do from here, but if there is ANYTHING let me know!!
    GET WELL SOON AG---Love, Hannah

    ReplyDelete