Sunday, October 17, 2010

Daybook for October 17th

Outside my window: Falling temps and falling leaves. Although, today it was a high around 80...oh, life in the South. The weather is always unpredictable.

I'm thinking: About everything I need to do now that we are back from our trip...laundry, clean the house, groceries, errands, etc. In addition, I'm starting to think about holiday plans. We have several events planned with our students between now and the end of the year to celebrate the holidays. I've also started lists for gift ideas this year.

I'm wondering: When we will put AG in his twin bed. In our little bungalow we have three bedrooms. The master and the guest bedrooms are quite large. The third bedroom, AG's room, is the smallest room. However, his little room accommodates a crib and a twin bed quite nicely thanks to the inlet on one side of the room. His twin bed fits perfectly in this spot. When we decide to make the switch I'll only have to buy one bed rail and he'll be walled in on all four sides! Fabulous. I bring all this up not because he's attempting to escape his crib but rather he's developing a preference for sleeping in a bed with covers. Similar to his developing a need to sleep with his head on a pillow. We'll see what happens but this change may happen sooner than later.

I'm praying: About lots of things right now...

I'm thankful:We had a great trip and we were able to spend time with my family last night to celebrate the October birthdays.

I'm hearing: The tv in the background and AG's white noise machine coming over his monitor.

From the Kitchen: I need to decide what to cook this week and restock the fridge. I've also got the itch to make Rice Krispie Treats and Puppy Chow. We'll see what I decide to do...

I'm reading: A backlog of magazines that arrived this past week in our absence last week.

One of my favorite things: I'm looking forward to girls night this week...I missed the last two Thursdays due to our trip and I have missed my girls!

I'm creating: Eh, I've got lots to do around the house to regroup from our trip before I can start another project. :o)

Around the house: Andy did yard work today and I still need to get some fall plants planted. I didn't get a chance to mark that off my to do list before we left. I've also started trying to figure out where I plan to let all my plants "winter" this year. I have a collection of different houseplants and ferns. The houseplants spend the warm weather months out on the screened porch and then spend the winter inside. The ferns are in huge terra-cotta pots around the yard and they spend the winter in the cellar near the windows.  The weather hasn't dipped low enough to put them away for good and it's still plenty warm enough during the day. I'm just trying to get ready because with our crazy weather I'll have to put them away in a hurry...best to be prepared. The only plant I'm coddling at the moment is my Christmas Cactus. It was my grandmother's and I managed to bring it back to living a few years ago. It's a tough old bird and it has rebounded beautifully. They do require a little TLC to get them to bloom when you want them to...but the effort is worth it once it is in full bloom. Once she finishes after the holidays I need to get to working on potting up two pieces to share with Meghan and Caroline...as a little gift for their new homes this spring when they both get married.

A few plans for the week: Getting my house back in order! Ha. And celebrating my 27th birthday later in the week. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment