Sunday, October 24, 2010

A new project...

...there is always something to refinish around here. The latest find is a dining room table that I found at our Habitat for Humanity HomeMart, yesterday. It was a steal. Which made it even more fabulous! With the use of our handy power sander and some paint we should be in business. Andy and I are going to refinish it and give it a Pottery Barn type makeover. In the mean time I need to decide which color I want to paint it and decide on seating. I love the idea of a collection of mismatched chairs and I also like the idea of benches. The thing with the chairs is that it could take me awhile to collect the amount that I need and they would probably need to be refinished, too. Not a problem just time consuming. In this stage of life benches are a little more practical. We entertain our students on a monthly basis and I need maximum seating when we do this...one reason we bought this table is that it has two leaves to go with it. I'm betting I can get 10 people in chairs around it easy...benches may give me even more room to work with. I think I'm leaning towards the benches at the moment. Another plus is that Andy could build them relatively cheaply. And one day, in another house I can repurpose the benches and use my mismatched chair collection, that I better get started on! Ha.

Like I said...there is always something to refinish around here. Makes me grateful that my husband is so talented and enjoys it as much as I do. This will be our largest and most detailed refinishing project to date. Pictures to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment