Monday, October 4, 2010

Daybook for October 3rd

Outside my window: It's dark (it's late) and crisp (the way fall should be) outside.

I'm hearing: The Amazing Race in the background...thank you DVR.

I'm thinking about: My game plan for the week...I need to finalize it after I finish this post. We leave Thursday for Virginia...I've got to clean the house up after the chaos of Mtn. Day, tackle the mountain of laundry, get us packed, pick up last minute supplies, and finish my To Do lists.

I'm praying: That I can get everything I need to do done so that we can have a great week with the Edwards family. Also, that we have safe travels and great weather.

I'm thankful for: A fabulous weekend with family and friends. I'm also thankful our upcoming vacation.

From the kitchen: Not much this week since we are planning to go out of town. Last week, Kroger had a great meat sale. I stocked up and cooked 9 different meals to put in the freezer. I'm not going to lie when we were driving back from the Braves game tonight I was relieved because I didn't have to worry about what to cook this week!

I'm reading: I'm looking forward to having my nose stuck in several books in a few days once we are on vacation.

One of my favorite things: Busch Gardens Williamsburg. Besides how gorgeous it is, it's been voted the world's most beautiful theme park 20 years running, it has some of the best coasters I've ever ridden. Alpengeist and Griffon...along with the late Big Bad Wolf. And the food is INCREDIBLE. Andy's favorite food at Busch Gardens is the brisket at Trapper's Smokehouse in New France (Canada). We'll be frequenting Trapper's this weekend I'm sure.

I'm creating: A game plan for the week.

Around the house: Cleaning! Packing! Laundry!

A few plans for the rest of the week: Not much that I haven't already stated...just prepping for our trip. This week I don't have to teach at Model High School because they are fall break. Which I'm grateful for because it gives me time to get us together to get out the door later in the week. If I had to teach Tuesday/Wednesday I'd be stressing more than I already am. :o) But at the end of the day it will all get done and we'll be on our way. It'll be great.

I feel like this post is scattered. Eh, I'm guessing it's because I'm wiped from the weekend and I have lots to do between now and Thursday. I feel like my mind is racing in 10 different directions. I'm off to finalize my game plan...if I don't check in between now and Thursday I will once we are on vacation. I'm hoping to get caught up on my backlog of recipes plus record the highlights of our trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment