Thursday, April 14, 2011

Clicking along...


Life as we know it is flying down the tracks like a train on long journey. The picture above was snapped last weekend when we were in Macon. We went to Macon at the end of last week to meet AG's newest cousin, Delia. This is Ronnie showing AG how to get around the hospital. I was hoping to snap some sweet newborn shots with my portrait lens but Miss Delia needed to be under the lamps to help stabilize her billirubin levels. Which is fine because we'll see her again in a few weeks when Avi-Kate arrives.

We got home from Macon and I've been struggling with my allergies. Last pregnancy I missed the spring pollen season and so I didn't have to worry about it. This go around has been brutal. I can't take my migraine meds and so I have to tough it out. Needless to say that over the last few days there have been lots of headaches along with nausea and throwing up. In addition throw in daily contractions, increasing sciatic pain, and the ability to not be comfortable when sleeping (that comes during the third trimester) and that's pretty much where I'm at.

I'll be 32 weeks this weekend and go back to see my midwife on Monday. We are getting closer to the finish line. I mailed off my pre-registration packet to the hospital last week...so check that off my huge to do list. Next week I don't have to teach so I'm hoping to tackle several organizing projects around the house. We are quickly running out of time to get things situated. I need to finalize how I want the kids rooms laid out and then get to putting them in order.

G-Daddy came up on Tuesday to speak at some classes at Shorter. He had a great time with Rick's classes and then came over to do dinner with us. We enjoyed having a meal together and catching up. He and Andy also spent some time in the backyard brainstorming some projects ideas.

Last night we had our college family over for dinner and it was fabulous. We had to pull in a third table and extra chairs...which is not a bad problem to have. We had a big Italian meal all together and it was delish if I do say so myself. I think we fed 19 people including AG and the to go meal I sent home for Harrison who couldn't make it. Thankfully the red sauce that I made triples beautifully and I still have leftovers for lunch and enough to freeze for another meal.

Speaking of freezing...chicken is on sale this week at Kroger. I bought a ton and am planning another huge cooking day. I know I never posted all that I created last time and the recipes...I will do it this time. I actually still have a few things I made last time still in the freezer but my stash is dwindling. I wanted to restock closer to June so this will be perfect. We'll have lots of dishes to pull out as we get closer to my due date and once Avi-Kate arrives. I also plan to do some beef dishes and Italian sauces that freeze well. I'm just waiting on beef to go on sale.

Hard to believe that April is halfway over already. Our sweet girl will be here before we know it. To say we are excited and ready to meet her is an understatement. :) Speaking of her arrival reminds me I have projects to tackle today...off to be productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment