Monday, April 18, 2011

Monday, Monday...

Well, what a weekend we had.

Friday we awoke to grey skies that promised inclement weather...and inclement weather they did provide. In the last two weeks we've had pretty horrific storms. Two weeks ago today we spent a night without power. Last Monday while bad we thankfully had power all night long. Friday we were not so lucky. 

Friday I took AG to Kindermusik, we had lunch at the Dwarf House per AG's request, and dropped off my dress to be altered for Meg's wedding. We got home and I put AG down for a nap...I had high hopes with the rain coming that I could get a nice nap in myself. Well, no such luck. At 4:35 the winds kicked up, the sky went to an eerie shade of grey to the point where there was no visibility,  it began to hail, and there was a piercing howl. I dropped my phone call with my dad and ran to grab AG from his bed. And then the power went out. We tried calling Andy who was trying to get home to us but was stuck in the down pour. 

Moments later I ventured to the front of the house to see that a tree had fallen across the street but our old oak was still standing. I began reading reports via my iPhone that parts of Rome were completely shut down. When it was all said and done there were over 15, 000 outages in Rome. One of our main roads, Turner McCall, was shut down till Saturday due to multiple snapped power line poles. Andy made it home safely and we ventured out to grab dinner at Waffle House since we had no other options and everything around us was without power due Turner McCall being shut down. We originally thought that it was tornado that came thru but they later determined that we had straight line winds at 80 mph. Either way the cleanup is still on going and chainsaws could be heard all weekend long. 

I spent the rest of the weekend having contractions, nausea, and cramps. I was suppose to head to Albany for Meg's Lingerie Shower Saturday, however, after consulting with my midwife she decided that I was in no condition to travel. So, I spent the bulk of the weekend on the couch and in the bed. 

This morning, we had AG's preschool tour at the Child Development Center and then my OB check-up. It was hard getting up this morning since we were up most of last night with AG. His sleep has been off the last two nights and I am starting wonder if his last set of molars are gearing up to make their appearance. Our tour at the CDC was great and AG was Mr. Analytical like always...taking it all in and studying everything that was going on. We were then off to my appointment and AG enjoyed helping Shannon, my midwife, with my check up. He helped measure my belly and use the doppler to find the heartbeat. Everything looks good...my belly is measuring a little small but Shannon is not concerned in the least. She commented after picking up AG that a little on the small side for #2 might not be a bad thing. I laughed and agreed with her. She gave me the go ahead to try using something to help me sleep at night. Up until two weeks ago I had been sleeping great...much better than I ever did while pregnant with AG. Anyways, I'm now averaging 2-4 hours of sleep a night and while I know that sleep is hard to come by at the end 2 hours is not sufficient with a toddler. So, we'll see if I can get some better sleep this week. Here's hoping.

This afternoon I had high hopes of cleaning the house since Andy was home all afternoon since today is the end of tax season. Alas, I've spent the afternoon in bed with really bad nausea and throwing up. Thank heavens I'm 32 weeks and the end is in sight...I'm so ready for summer.  The only thing not ready is the house BUT thanks to my hard working husband things are coming along. Wait till you see what he built for AG's room this weekend. Pics and posts on our latest house projects to come this week. I'm off to curl up on the couch for the rest of the night and this post is long enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment