Thursday, April 21, 2011

A cooking marathon...

...happened here today.

I took pics and have lots to share but for now I'll leave you with what all I created...I'm off to put my swollen feet/achy body in the sack. Despite the aches and pains I feel accomplished as we get closer to the arrival of our sweet girl. Next up sauces and dishes featuring beef...just waiting on a good sale.

Chicken Pastina x3
Poppyseed Chicken x1
Chicken Crescents Casserole x1
Saucy Mexican Chicken x1
Chicken Lasagna Roll-ups x2
Chicken Noodle Soup x2
Individual Chicken Pot Pies x6
Homemade chicken stock x4 (I already had to use two today because I needed more than what I had saved for cooking)

For the grill:
Chicken breasts in a honey teriyaki marinade x2
Chicken breasts in a steakhouse marinade x2
Porkchops (the other white meat! Ha.) in honey teriyaki marinade x2
Porkchops in a steakhouse marinade x2


In addition to what we already had stocked:
Ribollita-soup x3
Red sauce with pancetta x1
Individual chicken pot pies x2
Fajita Chicken x2
Chili x1
Creamy Red Sauce with Chicken and Broccoli x1
Stouffer's Mac-and-Cheese x2 (on sale recently at Kroger)
Purvis' BBQ x4 (This is our FAVORITE BBQ and we get it every time we go to the farm. This last trip Andy got extras so we could have enough for several meals on hand...thus, making his very pregnant wife very happy!)

In addition to all of this I've also started stockpiling other items around the house as they go on sale. Last go around I hadn't gotten into couponing. A few months after AG was born I got into couponing/stockpiling and have since kept up with it for the last two years. This year I have begun to experiment with freezer cooking in bulk and while I don't like to rely on it for every night of the week it has been super nice on nights when I can't/don't want to cook. And I know it will be really nice to have a stocked freezer/pantry when we become a family of four in a few weeks. Details on my adventure to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment