Friday, May 13, 2011

Apparently one parasite isn't enough...

Yes, one parasite experience wasn't enough for AG and we get to do it all over again. Last August, we spent several weeks dealing with these violent attacks in the middle of the night that became daily occurrences. It was finally diagnosed as a parasite and we were given high dose antibiotics to clear it up. My child hadn't thrown up till two weeks ago.

Two weeks ago I posted, the night before the tornados ripped thru Northwest GA, about AG being sick. Well, I suspected it then but thought I was just being a paranoid, pregnant mom. I didn't think anything of it till we were awoken by AG crying in our room a few minutes before 2AM early Thursday morning. Within seconds the hacking cough that is the precursor to his throw up spells started and it was all down hill from there. We knew as soon as we smelled it what we were dealing with. We went to the doctor yesterday and she wanted to give it one more night to see if he had another episode before prescribing high dose antibiotics. At 3 AM this morning we were awoken to AG crying and coughing in his soon to be sister's room. (Her room is sandwiched between our room and AG's room...you can cut thru her room to get to ours.) AG had thrown up in his bed and then tried to get to us before his next attack but didn't make it. Thankfully, his room and his sister's room are in the original part of the house with hardwood floors because by the time we got to him he had thrown up all over the floor in Avi-Kate's room. I'll spare you the rest of the nasty details...needless to say we are a little sleep deprived over here and the laundry room has been busy.

We are now trying to find a pharmacy in town that has the medicine we need in liquid form. It's not common and we've been told by several places already that the earliest they could have it stocked for us is next Monday. Pray we find some. I can't keep this up along with contractions/nausea/cramping in addition Andy is leaving for a business trip Sunday night. At the most I now have three weeks left of being pregnant they've scheduled an induction for June 5th unless she shows up before then. At the moment I'm praying she stays put till we can get AG over this.

I'm suppose to go Monday for my next OB appointment and they are suppose to check me to see where I'm at. Needless to say I'm very curious...I'm off to re-clean what I cleaned yesterday. I'll update more when I know more.

No comments:

Post a Comment