Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Hip, Hip, Hooray...

...Avi-Kate is not breech!

Hallelujah! Yesterday, Andy went with me and to my appointment since we had to have an ultrasound to determine her position. AG was quite the ham at the office and was ecstatic to see "SHANNON!", my midwife. Everything looks great and I'm progressing right along. I'm now 37 weeks and 2 days. I'm already at 2cm dilated and she swept my membranes while she was checking me. To quote her if I'm ready for labor it'll kick start it if not no worries. So, far I've had some cramping, nausea, and inconsistent contractions but nothing major. We'll see. She also said that she doesn't think I'll make it to my induction date but if I do I'm well on my way to having an easy induction.

We are feeling much better about things. If she doesn't come this week that's okay. We are still wrapping up some projects around the house and rearranging some things. Next week Andy's office is closed for the week so if she came that'd be great but if not I'm sure we'll enjoy soaking up the last few days with AG as an only child.

Speaking of AG he is quite taken with babies. We went last week with some friends to Jandy's Yogurt and they brought their baby, Caroline. He was quite smitten with her and has been asking since then where she is, can she come over, etc. We keep telling him in a few days he'll have his own baby and to hang on. Ha. We'll see how he does but we are very optimistic.

Around the house this weekend Andy finished the touchups on his desk and he finally finished his chest of drawers. (He started on the chest 2 years ago and never finished it till this weekend. It looks fabulous!) I've been doing lots of laundry and washing of baby clothes. I need to start packing stuff for the hospital but I'm waiting for my Amazon order to come in. I know I've said it before but I love, love, love Amazon Prime. Ordered some baby stuff yesterday after my appointment and it'll all be here tomorrow. :) If Avi-Kate stays put these next few days then Andy is going to go ahead and paint her room this weekend. We'll see. We've been throwing out and GoodWill-ing stuf left and right. On Saturday morning we purged a ton of stuff from the attic...while I hunted for a box of infant towels/washcloths/burpcloths...which I still haven't located and I'm sure I'll discover them months from now when I don't need them! There were a ton of boxes/crap up there that was left from previous owners that we tossed. Andy took an entire load of cardboard in the bed of his truck to the recycling center. I'm currently working on my second load of stuff to take to GoodWill in the back of my trunk. So we are making some major progress around the house on stuff I've wanted to do for awhile.

The blog has been sorely neglected and for that I'm sorry...hopefully, I'll have a night to play catch-up before we become a family of four. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment