Monday, May 16, 2011

So, here's where we are at...

...on multiple things:

Parasite Take Two:
   After spending almost all day Friday on the phone trying to locate AG's medicine we finally found some the only problem is it would not arrive in Rome till Monday morning. This was what Aunt Meg, the pharmacist, was afraid would happen because the drug we needed is not used often and we were trying to find it on a Friday. And she said it didn't matter if we were in Rome or ATL trying to locate this drug the outcome would have been the same. We did the only thing we could do...put AG on a limited diet and prayed for no more episodes to get us thru the weekend. This morning after my OB appointment I drove across town to our new pharmacy to pick up the very important medicine. And yes, this whole thing required me to switch pharmacies but that story is best told in person...feel free to ask I don't mind sharing but I am not going take up entire post explaining how this isn't the first time this particular pharmacy/pharmacist has screwed up. Anyways, AG has already had his first dose of medicine and will get his next dose in a bit. I'm praying that we are over the worst of it and this does the trick.

Our Sweet Daughter's Pending Arrival:
    Well, I went this morning and my midwife did not want to check me...she wants to wait until next week which is fine. The kicker from the appointment was that she suspects that Avi-Kate is breech! Which I've suspected for weeks but due to the chaos that has been life this spring didn't vocalize it. Granted, I know every pregnancy is different but  her movement patterns haven't been similar to AG's at all. At this stage in the game I could watch AG's appendages stick "out" and "move" across my abdomen. That has not be the case at all this time. So, while I feel daily movement it's very different. To quote my midwife, "where her hiney should be is very, very round. Now, she could have a very round bottom but I suspect it's her head." Next Monday, I'll go for my next appointment and I will have an ultrasound to determine her placement and then we'll go from there. I hope I can deliver vaginally and that she is flipped/will flip for me to do so. If not, a C-section is not the end of the world. The goal is for us to have a healthy baby and I'm okay with whatever way that happens. God is in control and he has known from the beginning how she would be born...there is no need for me to be worried about that. I take comfort in knowing that.

The State of Our House:
Chaos! Pure and utter chaos as we do a mass purging and cleaning. In addition I've flipped the queen bedding from our room to Avi-Kate's and the bedding that was in there is now on our bed. AG's room is almost done. Done enough for right now...I need to frame a bunch of stuff and get a shadow box or two but I prefer to go to Hobby Lobby for those things...and in all that is going on I haven't made it down to Cartersville. So, it can wait for the time being.

My brain is fried...I'm sure there is more that needs to be in this post but I can't think at the moment. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment