Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Easter Egg Huntin'...

This was the first year that AG actually understood how to hunt eggs. Our church held their big egg hunt at the president of Berry's house. It was the perfect spot to hunt eggs under all of the old trees that surround the house.We had a great time of fellowship and hanging out. AG insisted on opening each egg before finding the next one. Which made his mother chuckle and his father a little nutty. :)

In some ways it's eerie to me to think back to that morning. While taking pictures I was struck about how beautiful everything was with the old trees and how sad it would be to lose them because the landscape would never be the same. You have to understand that I have grown up playing beneath the trees at Berry. From the time I was a little girl I have loved the landscape that makes Berry what it is. Every time we have severe storms I pray that Berry would lose little to no trees. Four days later straight line winds would whip through Berry changing the landscape that I love so dearly. The president's house suffered no structural damage but lost nearly all of the trees around the house. Campus won't look the same way in my lifetime and for that I am sad. Thankfully, I have many pictures from over the years and here are a few from the egg hunt...

Talking Egg Hunting Strategy with Daddy.

Opening eggs...




Priceless. I love the joy in that sweet face.

Egg hunting makes you hungry. Refueling afterwards with a cupcake.

Checking out the 'PUPPIES!' with his friends...


No comments:

Post a Comment