Tuesday, August 30, 2011

"Hey, It's Okay..." AG edition.

A little AG humor for you from the last few weeks...

Hey, It's Okay...

-If your child asks for a piece of the high life one night while watching the Braves. Yep, he asked for it. Andy died laughing and I kept saying "seriously!?!" a la Meredith Grey that my toddler just asked for a piece of the high life. (Sigh.) Humorous, yes. But probably not the best thing to say to other kids on the playground!

-If your child says to himself, "whew! That was close!" After receiving a warning because of his behavior.

-If your child wears 3D Harry Potter Glasses EVERYWHERE thus giving his mom a new weekly post..."Where in the world is Ron Potter?!?"

-If your child replicates Turner Field EVERYTIME he plays baseball by setting up a "Moo Cow" aka a CFA Cow, a Coke Bottle aka his sippy cup, and his "Chop" aka a foam letter T from the bathtub ABCs that he uses for a tomahawk. And to set the ambience he plays songs that can be heard at the stadium along with the chant. 

-If your child asks to go to HePo aka Home Depot with "his Daddy" so that he can get out of the house.

-If your child carries around your old PINK Motorolla Razr flip phone and has conversations that go a little something like this... "AG watch puppies. (AKA 101 Dalmations.) Pause. Eat pa'corn. Pause. Hit homerun. Hold on..."

-If your child hates to be the barer of bad news..."Bad news!" "What's bad news buddy?" "Trash is bad news." (As garbage man rolls down the street.)


Never a dull moment! Literally. On a more serious note the inspiration for my "Hey, It's Okay..."posts come from a blog that I read about the Needham family. If you have time hop over and read about them and if you think about it say a prayer for sweet Piper, her parents, and big sister Linley. Piper has leukemia and has just recently relapsed. They are doing everything that they can to save her life. Recently, Sus posted the following:

"I don't plan to dwell on the "whys" or "hows" or "what ifs" because frankly, that steals from my living with what I have now...two sweet girls, a husband and a God who gave this all to me. I'm learning quickly that a blessing isn't always a perfect gift or the answer to something you may think you want. Sometimes its just the knowledge that you're still here and still breathing despite having the wind knocked out of your sails. 

Praise God. "

And this

"While I have no idea what happens in the future, I still stand firm on the knowledge that God is sovereign and that He has a plan. I fear the prayers I am sending up are not filled with faith but rather with pleading but I rejoice that He knows my heart, my girls and my life. At this moment, sobbing at the computer with strangers around I feel much like a tree that has been beaten by the weather. I may look to be bent over, I may be weathered to a indescript gray but I am still rooted in the soil that give me sustenance. 

Of this I am certain, God is still good."

I've been chewing on these words the last two weeks or so, daily, as I pray for Piper. There's not much I can say after that...

No comments:

Post a Comment