Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The return of family dinner...

I often get asked why we do what we do when it comes to opening our house to students. And I usually say it's because we love having them in our home and we love that our kids have lots of "older" siblings, etc. However, as this school year has started I've realized something else...we really are like a family. I love the following quote because I feel like it perfectly describes our group, 

"Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one." ~Jane Howard

Wow! In the last few weeks I've seen our family serve each other sacrificially because that's what families do. It's been amazing. Some of the serving has been from Andy and I but the majority of it has come from our students taking care of each other. And that to me is amazing. To sit back and watch them invest and build their relationships with each other. To drop everything and come to their aid when they need help. To show love to each other. I'm blessed beyond measure because of these students that God has given to us. It is such a joy to watch them grow and discover who they are. I'm grateful we have a brand new year upon us full of lots of memories to be made. Speaking of memories here's our first family dinner of the year...













No comments:

Post a Comment