Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween...

We had a fun day. We stayed at the house and both kids took nice naps. I had contemplated going down town to Trick-or-Treat on Broad but opted out since I was by myself and I really needed AG to nap. (And since we are really trying to 'control', or at least as much as possible, his CVS I wanted him to sleep and wake himself up.) Since we were having to tote Avi-Cakes I decided it would be easier if she wasn't in a costume this year since she is so little. We put on some layers and she wore her glow-in-the-dark skeleton pjs on top. AG decided to be a gorilla. One of his favorite books is Goodnight Gorilla and so it worked perfectly.  He was pretty cute...if I do say so myself! :) 

After a quick dinner we went to take pictures by our collection of pumpkins that we carved with our college crew. AG was super excited and began to squeal...this didn't go over well with Avi-Kate!





Pictures done and ready to get some candy!

Well, after a few houses AG was really getting in to it. I took him to a house and I should have turned around when I saw how it was decorated but live and learn. Well, we get up to the house and it's decked out...we ring the doorbell...delayed answering...out pops a man in a creepy mask...AG about jumps out of his skin and screams...the man immediately yells he's sorry and takes off the mask. Damage done. (sigh) We get back to Andy and all AG can talk about is that he is scared! So, we convince him to try a few more houses but each house he tells the owners how scared he is instead of Trick-Or-Treat. He had then had enough and told us he was ready to go see GrandMary because her house wasn't scary. So, we called it a night. Loaded up both kids into the Acadia. And away we went up the street to see our beloved GrandMary and Jack. :) Have I mentioned how much we love Mary?! Or how much we can't wait for AG to start Kindergarten?!

Andy was determined to capture our pumpkins at night...

Here's to next year and here's hoping that AG won't be scarred for life. :) If he is I guess we'll just go to GrandMary's and pass out her candy for her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment