Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Daybook January 17th

Outside my window: An overcast afternoon. It rained this morning and we are suppose to get another wave later this evening. Unusual for this time of year is how mild the temps have been over all. We have a random cold day here or there but nothing like what it normally is. This time last year we were snowed in I believe...

I'm thinking:  I need to do some stuff around the house tonight, work on some housekeeping organization, and make a final to do list for AG's birthday party this weekend. 

I'm wondering: Oh, so many things at the moment. Ideas for the house, cleaning/organizing, getting TOT School up and going for AG, etc.

I'm praying: That AG would decide to be fully potty trained tomorrow on his birthday. (Sigh) One can hope right? :) But really...I'm at the end of my rope on this one and really don't know what else there is to do that we haven't tried. Why he can pee on the potty without problems but can't poop I have no idea. I keep reminding myself that this isn't a big deal it's more of just frustration because I know he's capable. So, I focus and pray that God would give me the strength to see that glorious day when he finally decides to be big boy all the time. 


And of course I'm always praying for The Needham Crew. Pray for them as Piper is in the middle of engrafting. She had a bone marrow transplant a few short weeks ago and her body is in the process of trying to recover/begin to produce new bone marrow.

I'm thankful: For the safe arrivals of Avi-Kate's best friends. Annie arrived on Thursday and Amelia arrived on Sunday. Avi-Kate has about 7 months  and a good 11-13lbs on them at the moment. However, before we know it they'll be racing after each other and chasing their older siblings. So now the pairings are: Briggs and Amelia, Emma and Annie, and then AG and Avi-Kate. I'm so blessed that Ginny, Julie, and I have been able to experience this together twice. 

I'm hearing: A quiet house and the whir of the fan in the kitchen. Something to relish because there are many a day when I don't get moments to blog mid-day these days. 

From the Kitchen: I've joined the world of freezer cooking since having kids and being even more serious about it after the arrival of Avi-Kate. This week we are living off stuff we already had purchased last week and or freezer meals. We've run out for a few random items but nothing big. It's kind of nice to not have to cook every single day. I don't do mega freezer days where I spend several days cooking an entire month's worth of food. Rather, I cook in bulk when I can and when things are on sale. Most weeks I stock one item in the freezer. Meat isn't on sale this week so that's why I'm living off what we've got stockpiled. 

I'm reading: Nothing at the moment. I realized last night that I have yet to borrow anything for January on my Kindle for free...I need to do that. Just need time to find something. I love that with Amazon Prime you can borrow a book a month for free. 

One of my favorite things: Finalizing last minute details for Disney. Yippee! I need to do some work in my notebook now that I have all of our Dining Reservations finalized. 

I'm creating: I need to do some TOT School prep. I honestly just need to spend half a weekend getting everything the way I want it and doing some planning. I've got lots of ideas it is now just a matter of making them happen. 

Around the house: I have been busy, busy cleaning out and reorganizing. I finally feel like I can breathe and make headway on reclaiming my house after having a second baby. Life is just hard with small kids and adjusting to two is hard. (Not that my children are difficult, rather, it's just been hard to adjust to two very different schedules and they have different needs.) I've had to re-examine time management, the way I do things, etc. Plus, Avi-Kate is finally (knock on wood) in a consistent day to day routine and napping at the same times daily. Hallelujah! So, needless to say, I'm happy to be getting things back on track. 

A few plans for the week: Finishing up stuff around the house in preparation for AG's birthday party this weekend. I need to finish Avi-Kate's 7 month pics. I started them yesterday and she was not having it and so I'll finish them later this week. I also am going to do some cousin pictures this weekend when Ronnie and Delia come up. Should be fun. Tomorrow is AG's birthday and we are going to take him out to eat...I think he has requested Chick-fil-A. :o) I'm thinking maybe we'll go pick up a sweet treat from Honeymoon or Jandy's on our way home. We'll see. 


In other news: I decided this fall that I wanted to start running and train for a race. My big goal is to train for a half marathon at Disney. (My sister-in-law, Caroline, also has this goal...we are reclaiming bodies post-baby #2. And we've given serious thought to running together and enjoying Disney a few days solo just the two of us! We'll see what end up doing.) So, right now I'm working on a 5K and I'm hoping in a month to run my first race at Berry. Part of my Christmas present was to be fitted for running shoes and they have made all the difference in the world! Anyways, I'm a few weeks in and really loving it. I'll keep you posted...Happy Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment