Friday, January 13, 2012

Flowers, lots of flowers...

...are in our future. 




This last March we escaped for a few days down to Disney and while we were there we were impressed by all of the gorgeous flowers for the annual Flower and Garden Festival. The whole time we were there we kept saying:

-How much Andy's mom would LOVE to see these flowers. (She's an avid gardner and loves to putter in her yard.)
-How much we LOVED the weather in March. Andy said after experiencing March weather he had no desire for us to ever do a summer Disney trip because he didn't want to fight with the heat and crowds. It really was perfect...High 70s to low 80s during the day and slightly cooler at night. Low crowd levels.

Well, we returned, had a baby, and began to talk to Andy's mom about how much she would love it. :) Long story short there was a week of her timeshare that we need to use ASAP. So, we decided to investigate what a week long Disney trip might look like with the entire Edwards clan for March 2012. We put in our request and waited to see if it would be met. This fall, Nanny got the phone call telling her that they were able to meet it and that our week would be the first full week in March.

So, we are headed to Disney in less than fifty days to see the kick-off of EPCOT's Flower and Garden Festival. I'm beyond excited. I can't wait! I've been working with Andy's sister, Caroline, for months now as we map out everything and plan it. I've discovered that in order to save money and make your trip as enjoyable as possible you have to plan, plan, plan. The prep work you do beforehand goes a LONG way in making your trip wonderful. (To be honest, I love planning Disney trips. I enjoy it.) Now, I will say that there are people that map everything out down to what rides they ride each minute of the day. I am not one of those people. I prefer to have a basic plan for the day and then fill it in as we go. This works really, really well for where we are at in life with small children. It gives us the freedom to change it up and be flexible. Plus, half of the fun of going to Disney with children is to experience it from your child's eyes. So, it makes sense to tailor our trip to the things that they love.

In the coming weeks I'll share our plans, what a basic day plan looks like for us, some of the tricks of the trade, etc. In the mean time, I've been trying to reorganize a bunch of stuff for the start of the new year and I have somehow misplaced my camera battery charger. I'm hoping I come across it this weekend. I have lots of pictures to upload and share. Plus, I need to take Avi-Kate's 7 month pictures. And in other news I meant to post several things during the second half of this week but time got away from me. My two dear friends from college, who live here in town, were/are over due. Avi-Kate's playmates will both be here by the end of the weekend. Anne Grace was born yesterday and Amelia Louise should not be too far behind her. I'm so blessed that we've all been pregnant together not once but twice. I love that our kids are close in ages. It's pretty amazing. All right. This post is long enough...I'll share more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment