Thursday, November 15, 2012

Christmas Book Basket...

My friend, Grace, messaged me earlier on facebook about Christmas book ideas and coincidentally I had just set the pile of Christmas books on the ground for Avi-Kate to explore. Anyways, I figured while it was on my mind I might as well go ahead and post our ever growing collection of Christmas books. The picture above is from AG's first Christmas in 2009. I've added just a few titles since then. :)

Here we go:
(In no particular order)

If You Take A Mouse to the Movies by Laura Numeroff    
The Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams
The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg
How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss
Madeline's Christmas by Ludwig Bemelmans
There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Bell by Lucille Colandro
The Jolly Christmas Postman by Janet and Allan Ahlberg
Merry Christmas, Big Hungry Bear by Don and Audrey Wood
Olivia Helps with Christmas by Ian Falconer
Who Will Help Santa This Year by Jerry Pallotta
Llama Llama Holiday Drama by Anna Dewdney
The Night Before Christmas Illustrated by Douglas Gorsline (I love this version because it's the version my parents read to me when I was little.)
The Nativity by Francesca Crespi
The Berenstain Bears and the Nutcracker by Jan and Mike Berenstain
An Angel Came to Nazareth Illustrated by Maggie Kneen
Merry Christmas, Curious George by Margaret and H. A. Rey
Strega Nona's Gift by Tomie dePaola
Home for Christmas by Jan Brett
The Night Before Christmas Illustrated by Jan Brett
The Twelve Days of Christmas Illustrated by Jan Brett
The Wild Christmas Reindeer by Jan Brett
The Christmas Story Illustrated by Maggie Downer
The Traditions of Christmas by Bill Abrams (My grandmother gave me this book in 1989!)
The Legend of the Candy Cane by Lori Walburg
The Elf on the Shelf

If I add any more in the next few weeks I'll amend the list. :) There are so many titles for this season and what we have is just the tip of the iceberg. If you are looking to add just a few titles three of my favorites from this list would be:
Olivia Helps with Christmas
Merry Christmas, Big Hungry Bear
Llama Llama Holiday Drama

I love these three because they are easily relatable to my small children. AG loves to read that particular Olivia title all year long because he just thinks it's funny.

What are your favorite Christmas titles?




No comments:

Post a Comment