Monday, November 5, 2012

November Book Basket...

November is off and running and Thanksgiving is less than three weeks away! Goodness me. I have so much to do in the next two and a half weeks. Anyways, since Thanksgiving is literally around the corner I went ahead last week and put out Thanksgiving themed/November books on the first day of the month. I also left out the fall books that we had out since the kids were enjoying them so much and they all tie together.

I also decided to pull out a few presidential books/history related books since this year is an election year. My personal favorite being John, Paul, George, and Ben! It's hysterical and the illustrations are amazing. AG had his first real lesson in civics last week when I went and voted.

The Story of the White House by Kate Waters
John, Paul, George, and Ben by Lane Smith
Arthur Meets the President by Marc Brown
The American Flag by Patricia Ryon Quiri
Presidents of the United States by Christopher Chant
The Thanksgiving Surprise by Peggy Archer
Thanksgiving on Plymouth Plantation by Diane Stanley
One Litt;e, Two Little, Three Little Pilgrims by B.G.Hennessy
'Twas the Night Before Thanksgiving by Dav Pilkey
The Magic School Bus at the First Thanksgiving
Turkey Bowl by Phil Bildner

I went ahead and pulled the Christmas books this morning and they are currently sitting in a massive stack on the dining room table. And I'm quite sure there are probably a few more that will find their way in to the stack before it's all said and done. Books have a way of hiding out depending on where the kids 'relocate' them to. Ha.

I have lots to blog about this week so I will be checking back in very soon. I'm off to get a much needed shower while AG is at school and Avi-Kate is asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment