Monday, November 12, 2012

Daybook...November 12th.

Outside my window: Rain and falling temps. We've got a front pushing across the state and once the rain clears out it should be much cooler tomorrow. Andy got out this morning and blew off the driveway because the leaves have been falling steadily this last week and if we didn't get the driveway blown off before the rain it makes it pretty slick to drive on. 

I'm thinking: About all that I have to get done this week. One week from today we are hosting our college students for Thanksgiving so I need to make my final grocery list tonight and get working on things this week. I bought a huge turkey on sale last week at Kroger and need to set him out to start thawing on Wednesday. 

I'm wondering: About all that I need to do to get ready for Thanksgiving with Andy's family next week. I really need to sit down and make a list of things I need to take/remember. 


I'm thankful: For my friend, Ginny. She and I check in with each other at least once a week about what is going on in our worlds. I'm thankful that despite us living in different cities we are still close. These chats always make my day and I'm so grateful for her friendship. I look forward to seeing her over Thanksgiving break. 

I'm hearing: Christmas music playing in the kitchen and the kids watching Curious George on the tv. Yes, I'm on the early Christmas music bandwagon. It use to drive me nuts when I was high school and college...then I got married and had kids...now I'm all about starting things a little earlier because this time of the year is so much fun with small kids. 

From the Kitchen: Once I get this post finished I'm off to start making shepherd's pie for dinner and an extra one for the freezer. I found some ground beef on discount this morning after I dropped AG at school so I bought all that they had. I also plan to cook some chili. We'll have some later this week and stick the rest in the freezer. And I have a recipe for apple crisp that I pinned on Pinterest recently that I want to try. Something about cool, rainy weather puts me in the mood for comfort food. Later this week we'll start prepping things for Thanksgiving.

I'm reading: I need to find something to put on my Kindle and read it while we are at the farm next week for Thanksgiving break. 

One of my favorite things: The rapidly approaching holiday season. I really do love everything about this time of year. Andy and I are both really excited about Christmas this year because Avi-Kate is so much more aware of things. She gets super excited when she sees Christmas trees all lit up in stores when we are shopping. 

I'm creating: Putting the finishing touches on my holiday planner. I've wanted to do one for the last few years but haven't gotten my act together in time. I'm not including Thanksgiving in it this year since we will be out of town and I didn't get it put together in time. Next year, next year. I ended up scrapping my original plan and doing something very different because I was in the mood to be really crafty/creative. I really like how it is turning out and I'll do a post on it sometime this week with pictures. I also need to get our Christmas card ordered this week. Cardstore is having a FABULOUS sale...70%off plus they will give you postage and if you want they will type addresses on your envelopes! It's AMAZING. I did it last year and loved how convenient it was. One less thing for me to do. That deal is good till Thursday so I need to get going on it.

Around the house: Getting ready for Thanksgiving! Lots to clean and prep for Family Dinner. Then lots to pack to be out of town at the farm for a few days. In addition, I'm in the process of putting away all of my fall stuff minus the burlap wreath. (Which is what I'm using this month for our thankful/gratitude tree...I need to post about that too.) When we come home from the farm we plan to cut down our Christmas tree and begin decorating the house ASAP. So, I'd like to get all the fall stuff put up and leave the house ready for decorating when we return. We'll see if that happens but one can hope. :)

A few plans for the week: Tomorrow I'm taking the kids to ATL for the day to see Santa at Phipps Plaza and ride the Pink Pig. Wednesday is Kindermusik and getting caught up around the house. Thursday night I'm going with a bunch of my college girls to see the Twilight premier. Friday is low key and around the house. Saturday Andy is taking AG to his first UGA game and I'm going to stay home and get the house ready for Family Dinner. Should be much easier to do with the guys gone and just Avi-Kate. 

A picture thought that I'm sharing: 
I was gone yesterday and Andy had the kids. Clearly, they had lots of fun without me...he found this costume for $5 at Kroger and then they had craft time making AG, I mean Captain America, his shield. Best Dad ever. I'm richly blessed by the man I call my husband. 

No comments:

Post a Comment