Monday, December 31, 2012

And then life happens...

...we make plans. And then life happens. I've been reminded that a lot these last two weeks. I had some very ambitious plans to get the blog up to speed and pictures to post and it hasn't happened. And that is ok. It has to be.

Life has been crazy, busy, and full of sick children. Both of our kids have been sick these last two weeks. The other night I was texting with my dear friends Evan and Erin and I said something along the lines of 'guess what the latest is?!?!?' and Evan responded with, 'I'm afraid to ask!' Ha. It's just been that kind of week. Avi-Kate had a fever for days and we discovered that she had an ear infection. Then she got the stomach virus on top of that. AG has had a bad cold for a week that has now developed in to croup. On top of that he also has an ear infection. I've left the house twice since Wednesday of last week. Both times were to go take my sick children to the pediatrician. So, we make plans and have goals but life sometimes trumps our plans. And that's ok. It has to be...that's all there is to it.

My hope is that later in the week we can get things up to speed and start the new year off right with some posts on plans for the year, reflections from this year, organization, etc. I'm making no promises because inevitably when I do that life happens and I disappear for weeks on end. :)

Happy New Year. Hope you are all well and looking forward to what this next year has in store. Onward and upward. Here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment