Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Ginger Elves and Jingle Bells.

The last week has been busy as we cut down our Christmas tree and started decorating the house. The kids are eager to help with every task and it's been sweet to watch their enthusiasm for every thing we've done. AG is brimming with questions every single day..."Are there toys in the stockings?" "Is tomorrow Christmas?""Can I put the ornaments on the tree?" "Daddy, we need to put lights on the house!" "Can we make Santa some cookies?" "Can we watch a Christmas movie all together?" Etc. Avi-Kate is quite taken with all the lights and sounds. She's grown so much this last year...last Christmas she was six months old and learning to sit up and this year she is into everything! :)

Bernard the Elf has been making himself at home here at the house. AG loves to talk to him and find him each morning. Avi-Kate loves to find him and squeal/point when she spots him. AG's class at school also has an Elf named Doc and AG has informed us that Bernard and Doc are BFF. I'm glad we've made this part of our Christmas traditions with the kids. 

I'm about done with the Christmas decorations and need to take some pictures so that I can post a tour of the house. Andy worked hard this weekend to haul/move the leaves in the yard to the street. The backyard is finished and the trees in the backyard have all dropped their leaves so he won't have much left to do in the back. The front yard is another story, he'll probably still have to clear the front yard again because our huge oak still has half of it's leaves. With that said he's hoping to get the lights on the house in the next few days. I have lots to do this week around the house and I need to finish my shopping. Thankfully, I've got the bulk of it finished and can start wrapping presents when I'm ready. So we are busy, busy around the house and I'm enjoying every minute of it. I love this time of year and all that it brings. 

And now for a peek of what the elves have been up to...




















1 comment:

  1. Adorable, Katie! Love reading your postings and idea's. Hope you have a great week!

    ~ Eve

    ReplyDelete