Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Let's ramble on some more...

Wow.

The last few days have been quite busy and at times chaotic. I sat down and was about type 'I'm so glad tomorrow is Thursday because I'm ready for the weekend.' I then looked at the top right of our computer and realized that today is Tuesday and tomorrow is Wednesday. That should tell you how frazzled I've been the last few days.

Our students finished up exams and headed home over the weekend. Two of our former students also got married over the weekend. AG was the ring bearer in the wedding on Sunday and did great! My sister was in the wedding and my parents were invited so we had a house full of family for half the weekend. It also rained for almost 24 hours straight which made things interesting on the day of the wedding. It's just been non-stop.

Last night I meant to make my gameplan for the week along with my cooking/baking plans for Christmas. Plus, my master grocery list. Yep, it didn't happen I ended up with a migraine and fell asleep on the couch around ten o'clock...for those of you that know me you know that's quite rare since I'm such a night owl. Thankfully, I was able to tackle most of it this afternoon. I just need to figure out coupons this evening before bed. I also need to wrap a few more presents. I spent the bulk of Friday morning wrapping like a mad woman while AG was in school. So all that I have left to wrap is the last few presents as they arrive. (Most of which are presents that other people have ordered and shipped here for next week.) My planner has come in quite handy and I can see myself making another one to use again next year.

New Years plans...well, we were awarded tickets to the UGA bowl game which happens to be in Orlando this year. So, we are planning to go for a short two night stay. We figured we'd try and go since we have our annual passes and wouldn't have to pay to get in to the parks. We'll leave early Sunday so that we can spend that evening in one of the parks. Right now I'm thinking Hollywood Studios so that we can see all the Christmas lights. (That my dear friend, Evan, loves so much.) Andy will have to work remote on New Years Eve from our hotel room and I have yet to decide what I want to do. I may head to a park for the morning with my camera to take pictures...I'm really not sure. There are several possibilities swirling around in my head. That evening we'll head to Disney to see fireworks and take in the parks on one of the busiest nights of the year. We'll get up the next day and head to the bowl game before heading home. And I won't be sad about such a short trip because we actually will return nine days later for our 1/2 Marathon Weekend! That weekend we are flying and will be staying on property for the race. We come home from the race and then it's time for AG's fourth birthday party! I can't believe it. In some ways it seems like yesterday that he was born and then in other moments it seems forever ago. We can't wait to celebrate this next milestone with him.

I feel like there are so many things I should write about right now but I just can't. Maybe later this week. Sorry for posting several rambling posts in a row. I promise things will get back to normal...whatever that is...in the near future. :) Hope everyone is having a less chaotic week than us. What are your Christmas plans? New Years?

No comments:

Post a Comment