Monday, December 10, 2012

Update on life...

Whew. What a week and a weekend. We've been going non-stop and I'm thankful that the next few days look to be much more low key. I appreciate being busy and having lots to do but I also relish a few days at home with nothing to do but get caught up on domestic type items.

As is generally the case when things get wild my housekeeping tends to slip...so there will be some serious time this week spend reorganizing/cleaning this week in preparation for Christmas. Speaking of, I can't believe that Christmas Eve is two weeks from today?! This month is flying by. I am, for the first time, WAY ahead on my shopping. Actually, we have one gift left to buy and that's it. An odd feeling but I'm grateful to be this ahead of the game because I know that the last few days leading in to Christmas will be crazy with us hosting the Edwards family. I'm wrapping as things arrive and Santa magically keeps stashing his gifts in the attic. :) AG keeps asking if we can open the presents under the tree. Each day he inspects the tree and he can tell you if new presents have appeared.

Avi-Kate turned 18 months last week...I can't believe that she's a year and a half old. She's getting to be more and more like a big girl with each day that passes. Speaking of she was 26lbs 1.6oz, 31.5" tall, and her head circumference continues to be in the 100+ percentile. (Like she's not even on the chart...it's an Edwards trait. Ha. I just chuckle.) She has 8 teeth in the front and her first set of molars have appeared in the last three weeks or so bringing her grand total of teeth to 12. Our pediatrician continues to be pleased at how well she is growing and developing. Her personality is really starting to blossom and develop. She's into everything and has an opinion about most things. She's quite the sassy little thing but at the same time she's so sweet. We are really enjoying this season of life that both of the kids are at. We are soaking in every single minute. Looking ahead we'll work to drop her use of her paci once all her teeth are in. Which is what we did with AG at that age...makes teething much more sane for all involved this way. I'm hoping we can drop it this summer some time...we'll see. She's getting to be so big. :)

AG is doing great in school. He loves going to school and we are so pleased with how he's doing. On Saturday he was insistent that he needed to go to school so that he could play with his buddies. We'll see how Christmas break goes. I'm sure at the end of the break he'll be itching to go back. Next week his class is having pj/Polar Express day and then the next day they'll have their Christmas party. They've got a tree set up in the classroom and it is full of ornaments that the kids have made. I can't wait to see what all he brings home. Some of my favorite ornaments from my childhood are the ones that I made when I was AG's age.

Andy is busy, busy with work. He's in crunch mode now that tax season is upon him and working all sorts of hours to get his clients set up for the season. He's been working from home half the week and going in to the office for the other half. It's nice having home. Like this afternoon, it was pouring down rain and I didn't have to hassle with getting Avi-Kate out in it to run get AG from school. Andy put her down for her nap after lunch and then went back to work. Although I will say that sometimes it's harder for me to do housework in our bedroom which doubles as his office when he works remote. I try and steer clear of our room when he's working. Then on the days that he works at the office I do a mad dash to get everything I need to do done. One day I'll have a spotless house all the time, right?! :)

As for me...I've been busy prepping stuff for Christmas here, hosting/overseeing the church Christmas party in our building on Broad Street, chauffeuring children around town, buying and wrapping presents, and trying to regain control of the house after the chaos of last week. I should have gone on a long run yesterday afternoon and instead I found myself reorganizing and cleaning my out of control house. Day by day, right? At the moment I keep eyeing the mountain of laundry I need to tackle on the sofa. It never ends does it? That's okay. I'm grateful for a mountain of clean laundry to fold and the ability to be able to do it even if it is my least favorite chore. It's all about perspective.

Sorry for the rambly type post...my brain is kind of on overload at the moment. I'm sure there is more I should have said in this post and I'm sure it could have been more cohesive but that's ok. Picture post next...I'll be back again soon. Till then hope everyone is having a nice start to their week.

No comments:

Post a Comment