Thursday, September 23, 2010

52 Recipes. Oven Fries. Recipe 13.


These oven fries are pretty much the best oven fries you'll ever eat. Period. I kid you not. Spuds are serious business in this house and when I discovered this recipe I thought we'd give them a try. They are perfectly crunchy on the outside and well seasoned...yet still fleshy on the inside. Mmmmmm. 

I, being a lover of all things Rachael Ray have been slowly converting all my cookware/bakeware to her line of pots/pans. The main reason for this is that I LOVE the way her products cook my food and how easy they are to clean. This summer I found a deal on her Oven Lovin' Crispy Sheet and purchased it for my collection. This recipe was attached on the sheet and we tried immediately. These are perfect when paired with something off the grill or toasted sandwiches. 

Herb and Cheese Oven Fries
By: Rachael Ray

3 Large baking potatoes cut into wedges
3 Tablespoons EVOO
1/2 to 1 Teaspoon each of  oregano, thyme, and parsley (I eyeball it depending on the size/volume of my batch of potatoes)
Fresh ground sea salt and black pepper
Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano

Preheat Oven to 450 degrees

Scatter potatoes and drizzle with EVOO. Toss with seasonings. Spread out in a single layer on baking sheet. I grind fresh sea salt and pepper on them right before they go in the oven.

Roast potatoes for up to 50 minutes. It'll vary depending on how thick/big your potatoes are. I set my oven timer for 30 minutes and then rotate them. Depending on how they look I can gauge how much longer they need to go. The last 5 minutes of cooking sprinkle cheese on the wedges so that the cheese melts.

Serve immediately. Yum-O!

While you don't have to have her Crispy Sheet to make this recipe I will say I think my potatoes crisp up better on this sheet. I've cooked oven fries for years and never had my fries turn out this well every single time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment