Sunday, September 12, 2010

Recipes...Update...

In the chaos that is our life I've slacked (BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!) about our goal to try 52 new recipes this year. I have several back recipes to post and this coming week I'm planning to channel my inner domestic-goddess and try my hand at several new recipes. Including cinnamon rolls from scratch. Plus, in our honor of our trip to Williamsburg in 3.5 weeks I'm planning to cook several things out of my Williamsburg cookbook that my dear friend, Ginny, gifted to me from her grandmother's attic, I believe. I'm going to try and cook at least one new thing a week from this cookbook till we leave on October 7th. The weather is SLOWLY starting to cool off but that has yet to deter my desire for comfort/seasonal food. I've got lots of seasonal recipes collected to try in the coming weeks. I already informed Andy that he should be excited about what I have planned. Ha.

Here's what we are trying out new this week:

-Corn Pudding (Williamsburg...I'm thinking it'll turn out as a souffle)
-Savory Slowcooker Chicken
-Apple Crisp
-Cinnamon Rolls
-Chocolate Chip Cookies (I've got two new recipes to try out. If I've got time this week we'll break one or both of them out.)

Lots of cooking and baking...stay tuned. Recipes to follow. And maybe a photo or two. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment