Monday, September 20, 2010

Daybook for September 20th

Outside my window: It's dark. I can tell the days are getting shorter as fall approaches. Although with this relentless heat and lack of rain you would never know fall was approaching. I'm ready for cooler weather.

I'm thinking: That the next two weeks are going to be packed. Lots to do around the house before Mountain Day Weekend next week. We have lots of family coming up for the weekend and my cousins, Will and Clint, are both looking at Berry for school next year. We are excited to show them all that Berry has to offer and Mountain Day is a perfect showcase. Andy has his 5 year reunion, also that weekend. After that we are headed to the Braves game for Sunday, October 3rd, to see Cox's last regular home game and the Braves take on the Phillies. After that we'll be in full packing mode trying to get everything together to get out of town on Thursday, the 7th.

I'm thankful for: The hard work that Andy and my Dad did this weekend in our backyard. AG is in love with his new sandbox!

From the kitchen: We had chili from the freezer tonight. Quick and simple. I purchased ingredients today to make crescent rolls from scratch. I'm going to give it a try this week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they turn out as well as the cinnamon rolls that I made last week. Also, I'm planning to make some fall theme sugar cookies with AG this week to help celebrate the first day of fall even though it's going to be in the high nineties all week...

I'm wearing: My Harvard t-shirt and a pair of Andy's old soccer shorts from his freshman year at Berry. 

I'm creating: I discovered an old set of shutters in our cellar this summer. I'm working on refinishing one of them to hang in the back hallway to display photos, notes, and invites on. Once I get it done I'll post photos.

I'm reading: The new Pottery Barn that came today in the mail...with a preview of their holiday collection. Ah. :) And I'm looking forward to vacation in two weeks because I'll have time to read several of the books that I've set aside. I also need to pick up one right before we leave because it is set to be released that week. 

I'm hoping: To finish the mass purging/organizing event of 2010, soon. This has taken me much longer than I intended but I have adjusted my expectations because that's how life is with a toddler. 

I'm hearing: The Braves play the Phillies.

Around the house: Grocery shopping today. Laundry. Working on the shutter.

One of my favorite things: Family Dinner with our college students. Today we planned our next event...Family Game Night and Breakfast. I need to finalize my menu and get everything together. It should be a wonderful way to kick off Mountain Day Weekend a few days early. Martha would approve.

A few plans for the week: Projects around the house...hanging up AG's bulletin boards, relocating our diplomas, hanging up the shutter in the back hall, cleaning out our room, checking off a few more items off my "Fall Cleaning To Do List", and starting packing lists for our trip. I also have to teach tomorrow and Wednesday. We have dinner with our college crew at CFA for College Night tomorrow and Girls Night with dinner at Moe's, Grey's Anatomy/Private Practice premier, and a pizookie on Thursday. And speaking of premiers I'm excited about the return of Modern Family and Glee this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment