Monday, June 4, 2012

ADRs for Christmas...

Advance Dining Reservations aka ADRs to those who frequent Disney Parks. Disney allows you to book reservations 180 days in advanced. If you are staying on property you can book up to 10 days of a vacation from the 180 day mark of your checking in. This can be slightly confusing...for example when we booked everything for our March trip last fall I had to make ADRs every day for a week since we were staying off property and you can book each day up to 180 days out. However, since we are staying on property at Christmas I can book all of our ADRs at the same time I just have to log in and type in my confirmation number for our hotel reservation.

Well, last week we hit the 180 day mark for our expected check in and I got up early to book our reservations. Andy and I had mapped out our plans for the week and where we were planning to go each day. Once I had set our tentative schedule we discussed the different places we wanted to eat at. The perk of being this organized and planning this far out is that you can get every reservation you want. Which I was able to do. Hooray!

So, here's where we will be eating at this trip:

-Whispering Canyon Cafe...located at our resort. (Dinner)
-Tusker House...located at Animal Kingdom. (Breakfast and a character meal)
-Liberty Tree Tavern...located at the Magic Kingdom. (Dinner)
-50's Prime Time...located at Hollywood Studios. (Lunch)

I really like this arrangement because it gives us two new places for us to try (Whispering Canyon and Tusker House) and two of our favorites. The only thing at this point that could change all of this is if the new Be Our Guest Restaurant opens up. It is in the New Fantasyland expansion and currently slated to open during the holidays. (Which could mean anytime in mid-November to Christmas.) If it does open and they do start allowing people to book an ADR then we'll switch out the Liberty Tree for it instead. If they don't allow people to make an ADR we'll probably skip it only because it will probably be crazy wait times to be seated/served. Andy and I are both really hoping that the next wave of Fantasyland attractions are open. We were able to get a preview of how amazing it is going to be when we were walking around the first wave of stuff to open...Storybook Circus. The details in everything were phenomenal and it made us really excited about what is to come. All the crazy construction will be worth it.

 Now that we have those plans in motion I can put my notebook together. Every trip we take I put together all of our important info together in a small notebook. When we return from the trip I clean out the notebook and file away that trip. I also like to take a picture of all of our confirmation numbers for our ADRs with my iPhone. That way I have them while in the park if I need them. It came in quite handy during our March trip when we had to shuffle some things while we were there.

I'm sure it'll be awhile before I do another Disney post since everything is done for now planning wise and I won't have much left to do till right before we leave. We are so excited about this trip...it's going to be a lot of fun. If you have questions about Disney planning feel free to send me an email. I love answering questions. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment